Author Topic: Elders in St Lambert Quebec  (Read 11994 times)

Offline greenvalley

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Elders in St Lambert Quebec
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 23 June 15 12:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Elder.St,Lambert

I am really sorry that I missed your posts in November last year. I am still working on the Elder family tree and your information would be the icing on the cake, we have several pictures of people in Canada but sadly no names.

The picture I put in the previous post shows James and Zena on their visit to his niece Ria and her husband John Wilson. The baby is their son David, my brother in law.

If you read this post, please reply.

Greenvalley
ANDERSON: Moray & Jamaica
ELDER: Stirlingshire, Perthshire & Glasgow
WILSON: Glenisla, Alyth & Dundee
GRANT & ATKINSON:Northumberland
HARRIS: Dron and Glasgow
MATSON: Glasgow and Belfast
OLIVER, HARDY & GIBSON: Ireland, Antrim Belfast
TODD: England and Jamaica
McGRIGOR, McILCHONNEL: Perthshire

Offline Laura Muriel Jones

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 28 December 15 00:41 GMT (UK) »
The only birth for a S Elder I could find in the Drouin Collection was for S.D. Elder, son of James Elder and his wife Helen on 18 Oct 1924 and baptised 16 Nov 1924.

There were also entries for:

James Alexander Elder, son of James Elder and Helen Georgina Hood who was born 18 Jul 1916 and baptised 30 Aug 1916;

Samuel Hood Elder, son of James Elder and Helen Georgina Hood who was born 20 Sep 1917 and baptised 10 Nov 1917; and

Robert Bryce Elder, son of James Elder and Helen Georgina Hood who was born 8 Apr 1920 and baptised 6 Jun 1920.

All births/baptisms were recorded in the parish records of Montréal (Presbyterian Maisonneuve Church). The marriage of James Elder and Helen Georgina Hood was recorded in the same parish on 16 Jun 1913. It says Helen was of Glasgow but unfortunately it doesn't list parents or James' occupation so there's no way of telling if this is your couple.

Jacquie
Greetings I am the granddaghter of Muriel Elder wife of James Elder from Dulwich in t Lambert. My mother is Ruth Elder.

Offline greenvalley

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 02 January 16 11:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello Laura

You are a "cousin" of my husband, whose mother was Ria Elder. I think somewhere we have a picture of a Barrie Elder. It would be really nice to compare family history and exchange some information and pictures. If you write a few more posts we can send a personal message so we can exchange emails.
Anyway, it is fantastic to hear from you, my late mother-in-law did appear to admire her Canadian relatives.

Greenvalley

Offline greenvalley

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Laura,

I am still struggling with a virus infection and spending most time in bed, but I have been thinking. Your grandfather James Alexander was a full cousin of my mother in law Ria. I have a picture of your great grandfather James with his second wife Zena when they visited Blairgowrie Scotland in 1954. I have many old family pictures and traced the Elders back to Thomas Elder from Balquhidder, born 1779.
I really hope that you will get in touch again. I know I am not your relative, but I am the genealogist for the Elder family and about to write a long report on them. It would be really nice if we could include a bit more about the Canadian branch.

Greenvalley