Author Topic: Middlesbrough Cemeteries  (Read 74021 times)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Middlesbrough Cemeteries
« Reply #162 on: Monday 04 April 11 08:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Miranda,

Yes the graves do run in sequence, did you get a detailed section A cemetery plan from the cemeteries office before you visited the cemetery? On my main plan of Linthorpe cemetery the A section you need goes from A8919 to A9812 so you were looking in the right place, though a phone call to the cemeteries office might confirm that there is no headstone for your gtgrandfather's grave. 

Kind regards,
Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline BA8501

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: Friday 26 July 13 16:35 BST (UK) »
I am delighted to have finally located my grandmother's brother, ANTHONY DURKIN, who settled, married and raised his family in Middlesbrough.  Anthony died early in 1931 and I am hoping someone can help me find where his is buried.  If it is at all possible, I would also be interested in the names and dates of any other people named DURKIN buried in the same cemetery.  I know he and his wife lost some of their children before they reached adulthood and there may have been other family members who preceded Anthony in settling in the area.  The Durkins are most likely buried in a Catholic cemetery.

Can anyone advise me about the layouts of the local cemeteries?  Was it customary to purchase a family plot where family members were buried?  Or would family graves be in different locations within the same cemetery?

Since many who post here are familiar with the local genealogy, is there any source of obituaries that can be accessed.  It would be great if I could obtain a bit more information about my grand-uncle and his family.

Thank you very much for any help.

Barbara

Offline jessie11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday 06 August 14 11:21 BST (UK) »
I am searching for the grave of my great grandfather Henry Consitt. He died in March 1936 in Linthorpe, Middlesbrough. Can anyone offer advice on how to find his grave?

Offline Nannawilk

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday 06 August 14 20:51 BST (UK) »
There is a Monumental Inscription in Linthorpe cemetery

In loving remembrance of Edward (Ted) husband of Mary CONSITT d Mar 31st 1936 aged 63 years. The above Mary d Sep 15th 1963 aged 84 yrs. Also their grandson Frederick PARKIN died in infancy

I know it's the wrong name but could be of interest.

That's the only CONSITT (or variants) listed

Nannawilk

Offline jessie11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday 06 August 14 22:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you , it is a different name but still of interest. Hopefully i will find his resting place eventually.

Offline boroclaire

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: Thursday 22 October 15 21:14 BST (UK) »
Can anyone tell me of any Shippeys buried in Acklam cemetary please. I have located some in Linthorpe but im missing a couple so could be in Acklam. Thank you

Offline madpants

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 19:42 GMT (UK) »
If you have their approximate death date then a phonecall to the cemetery office based in Acklam cemetery could be really useful as they hold the burial records there and should be able to look them up for you.  :)
GREENWELL - Middlesbrough
TURNBULL - Houghton le Spring, Coxhoe, Spennymoor
DEVEY - Pentonville, Stockton, M'bro
MOHAN/HUN - Stockton on Tees
SCRAFTON - Darlington
BROADBENT - Saddleworth, Ashton Under Lyne
HEMSWELL - Grantham, M'bro
SIMPKINS - M'bro
SIMPKIN - Little Wratting, Suffolk
MALLALIEU - Saddleworth, Ashton U L
GOODWIN - Macclesfield Forest
SUTCLIFFE - Heptonstall, Ashton U L