Author Topic: CENSUS: NOBLE and / or COMYN  (Read 7887 times)

Offline junerabbit

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CENSUS: NOBLE and / or COMYN
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 06 August 15 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hi BewitchedKat1
I know very little of Jack although I do have a snapshot taken with my father and his borther when Jack was probably about ten years old - I only met him first as a child and again later when I would probably been in my very early teens.  I know Edith Paynter married Francis A Comyn in the 3rd quarter of 1903 in West Ham I next traced her to Swansea and found there was a daughter Edith Stella Violet Hughes (nee Comyn) who had 2 children both girls, Nancy Edith Violet Hughes b 1926 and Gladys P V Hughes b 1929.  but there was no mention of Jack.  When I last met him his partner was 'Rosa' and I believe her father had or did own a Leather Works in Bristol which for some reason I recollect was burned out so there may well be newspaper cuttings.  He and Rosa had her sisters son Robin living with them who I believe went on to Sandhurst.

The 1911 Census shows Edith aged 30 living with her parents (Francis and Sophia Paynter) in Alexandra Road, Canton, Cardiff together with daughter Violet Comyn b 1905 London and son Albert Comyn aged 4 b 1907 London.

Two of Edith's sisters also lived in Swansea - Nellie (married to a sea captain) and Ethel (single).
Edith Paynter married to Francis A Comyn died in Swansea aged 67 on 28 October 1948. 

Hope some of this helps and I would love to know more.
Good hunting, I have been amazed at what I have found in my Paynter line over the years.
junerabbit