Author Topic: ASKEW of Norfolk  (Read 9280 times)

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
Re: ASKEW of Norfolk
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 21 January 12 19:52 GMT (UK) »
How fascinating to find a distant relation - don't quite know what we are ? removed? but my mother was Winifred Alice.  Do you have details of my side - unfortunately I cannot check my tree at the moment as I have had to have a new computer and require purchasing a new programme - the original one was a freebee.

Sadly I have lost track of my uncles and their families, Aunt Dorothy Eleanor and Aunt Jessie although married did not have any children.

Let me know if you wish to complete the branch of my tree.

Regards
NANNY WITH ROSIE
Baker, Cousens/Couzins, Delo, Goldsack, Hayes, Matson, Munday, Shether/Sheather, in Kent
Askew/Henocq/Wigglesworth in London/Middx/Norfolk and Yorkshire
Lonsdales in Lancashire
Saunders in Lancashire/South Wales and Somerset

Offline Jaxied

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 January 12 12:36 GMT (UK) »
Did you get any further back with James Askew?   His parents were Robert and Mary (nee Jarvis) Askew and it seems Robert`s father was William Askew.   William`s wife was an Ann Phillis (maybe that`s why Robert named his first born Ann Phillis - after his mother).    James`s brother Jonathon ended up in Canada, as did another of his sisters.

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 January 12 13:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi - unfortunately my new computer still has to have the family tree programme added so I cannot call up the details.

However Phillis does sound familiar but not Canada. 

Just about to purchase a new programme and when I get access to the Askew Tree will let you know what I know, particularly about Horatio.  Did you find out that Walter Sidney's eldest daughter was Dorothy Eleanor who married Louis Napoleon Teague?

Regards
NANNY WITH ROSIE
Baker, Cousens/Couzins, Delo, Goldsack, Hayes, Matson, Munday, Shether/Sheather, in Kent
Lonsdales in Lancashire

Offline Christina Cupani-Baker

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 06 September 15 14:01 BST (UK) »
I have information about the Askew family - The children of Leonard Askew.

Archibald
Muriel
Eddie

Email me (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 07 September 15 21:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Christina - thank you for your message.  I have on my list for the children of Leonard A and Muriel the following:  Muriel, Kathleen, Walter S, Arthur E and Archibald R. 

My mother was sister to Leonard but I cannot remember him.  Incidently Archibald was named after the eldest brother of Leonard and my mother (Winifred) and he died in France in WW1 (on 12 September 1915 in what was then known as Flanders).

Do you have more information about this line of the family?

RITA
Lonsdales in Lancashire

Offline Debbie M Burton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 14 July 17 00:30 BST (UK) »
Hi all, I'm related to the Askew family from East Yorkshire and Norfolk. My mum was an Askew before she married my dad. Her father was George Alfred Askew and his wife was Lilian Peers. His father before him was Alfred William Askew and his wife was Mary Jane Smith. So Alfred's father was George William Askew who married an Annie Elizabeth Wilson. His father was Christmas Askew whom married a Martha Hall. His father was William Askew and he married a Sarah Franklin. His father was Robert Askew and he was married to Mary Jarvis. This is all I've got about the Askew family. Would love to know more please, if anyone knows, thank you. Deborah Burton

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 14 July 17 18:01 BST (UK) »
Hello Debbie.  I don't think I have must useful information for you although I do have a Christmas Askew on my tree I am not sure how accurate it is.  Anyway here goes:
Robert Askew m. Mary Jarvis
Robert Askew (b 1809) m. Harriet Ward
Robert Askew (b 1839) m. Eliza
Christmas Askew (b 1881) youngest of five Julia (b 1871); Walter J (1876); George (b 1877) & Kate (b 1880).  Looking at the dates there are possibly others some of which might have died.
They lived at Little Frensham Norfolk. 
I think (not having looked at my tree for some considerable time) are a branch of my main tree.
My mother was an Askew.
Regards
Nanny with Rosie
Lonsdales in Lancashire

Offline ejjrobson

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 01:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, my Grandfather was George Edward Askew born in 22 Nov 1911, his father's name was Alfred Aldis Askew and mother's name was Helen Harriett Herbert, looking at your posts I think that you would be related to George also. He had a lot of siblings, amongst them was Violet, Albert, Arthur, Austin, Alfreda and not sure if there was a Nelly and an Alfred also. George married Emily May Maskell in 1939 and had my mum, Sandra in 1940. He lived in New Zealand from 1976? to 7 December 1982 when he died of cancer. Hope that adds something to your information.

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello and wishing you a Happy new year.

Going backwards is Charles Aldis Askew b.1845 d.1892 (Lakenham Norwich) m. Priscilla Stone (Holborn/Smithfield).  They had eight children born in London -  Charles Francis 1866; James Henry 1868; John 1893; Albert Aldis 1872 (Holborn); Walter Sidney 1874 (my grandfather); Edmund Horace 1876; Alfred Aldis 1879 (Poplar/Bromley by Bow) & Frederick William 1872.

The generation before was James Askew who married Eliza Aldis (hence the unusual Christian name) who married 02 Sept 1827 Sydenstone Norfolk.

I haven't got proof all the above are correct, but it does all fit together.

Hope this helps your tree.
Nanny with Rosie
Lonsdales in Lancashire