Author Topic: Flinn in Drogheda  (Read 10173 times)

Offline bainin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Flinn in Drogheda
« Reply #9 on: Friday 30 May 14 14:12 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that tip. A presumed mistake on the birth record for Julia born 1868 was changed/corrected on the parish register viewable on Irish Genealogy. It can be seen that one name was crossed out  and replaced.  The civil birth record has never been altered and remains "wrong". Maybe the missing marriage record I am still looking for has remained undiscovered because of  similar errors?I will keep looking.

Offline mjflynn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 23:48 BST (UK) »
Yes I had also seen the article on the new mill, and had considered the possibility that the Nicholas Flinn involved there could have been the one buried in Kilsharvan. I have also come across references to a document containing an 1806 indenture between Patrick McLoughlin, brewer of Drogheda and Patrick Kerwan and Nicholas Flinn, linen weavers of Drogheda, for a house on the south side of West Street. The Kilsharvan Nicholas was a carpenter, so this would suggest another Nicholas living around the same time. In the registers of St Peter's Drogheda there is also evidence of another Nicholas from the following baptism records:

Anne 1785 - Nicholas Flynn + Alice
Mary 1784 - Nich + Alice
Mary 1787 - Nich + Alice

which are too early to be children of the Kilsharvan Nicholas.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 12 October 21 14:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Micheal,

We have received an email from a lady who said the following.

Hi I just want to let mjflinn know that we had a gate shot blasted yesterday and the name R.Flinn is on it and as far as I can make out it may be his great great grandfather who
Made it in 1800's

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk