Author Topic: Dreaper Family  (Read 1958 times)

Offline mongoose2

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Dreaper Family
« on: Thursday 14 July 11 10:13 BST (UK) »
I wonder if anyone has researched the Dreaper family from Cork and laterly Liverpool.

What I have so far is William Porter Dreaper born 1804? Waterford marrying in Liverpool he is said to have 2 brothers Calvin and Richard (no dates).

There is a submitted record on the LDS for George Dreaper (draper) marrying Elizabeth Calvin in 1764 Coyen Diocese. George is said to be born 1739 and Elizabeth 1743 however the dates would suggest there is a generation missing between George and William.

Any help would be appreciated

barry
James, Farr in Cornwall and all the others on my website

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Dreaper Family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 July 11 10:33 BST (UK) »
You would need to know where in Co. Waterford your William was born to see if there are records available back that far for the parish his family lived in. Do you know if the family were RC, Church of Ireland etc ?

The diocese you mentioned is probably Cloyne, and this covers large number of parishes - over half of Co. Cork.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline mongoose2

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 July 11 10:46 BST (UK) »
knew it wouldnt be easy, nothing is in Ireland. All I know is on one census William says he is born Waterford.
thanks for your prompt reply

Barry
James, Farr in Cornwall and all the others on my website

Offline L Wood

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 July 16 08:47 BST (UK) »
Hello.  I am related to Calvin Dreaper.  He would be I beleive my Great Grandfather x 3.  He was a piano builder in Waterford, Ireland with his brother. 

Yours truly,

Lorna Dreaper Wood