Author Topic: Llanfihangel Crucorney marriage Michael/Jones  (Read 8176 times)

Offline lahpun

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
JAMES, SAMUEL AND EDWIN JONES SENT TO AUSTRALIA 1833
« Reply #27 on: Monday 20 November 17 08:16 GMT (UK) »

FOR MABEL BAGSHAWE

previously you mentioned that newspaper articles mentioned ages of the three brothers i.e. 1798, 1805 and 1810.  Can you give me a link to the newspapers you mention.  We have since found that Samuel Jones married in 1830 in Chepstow to Margaret Reece.  I checked a map and see that Chepstow is not far by car from Pontypool but back then by shanks' pony would have been a long way. They had 2 children.  We dont know if she came to Australia but Samuel applied for them to come.   On Samuel's application to bring his family out he stated his birth place as Gloucestershire.

If you could find those papers again and send me the link I would be most appreciative.
Lesley

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Llanfihangel Crucorney marriage Michael/Jones
« Reply #28 on: Monday 20 November 17 19:11 GMT (UK) »
For James and Edwin see http://newspapers.library.wales/view/3391785/3391787/5/  - about halfway down the first column, beginning THE PONTYPOOL BURGLARS

Samuel - see http://newspapers.library.wales/view/3391329/3391332/23/    - starting at base of last but one column

Offline lahpun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: llanfihangel crucorney marriage Michael/Jones
« Reply #29 on: Monday 27 November 17 14:35 GMT (UK) »
 Hello Mabel
Regarding Edwin Jones transported to Australia for housebreaking.
I sent for his death record in Australia and it shows his father was William Jones, BUTCHER.
So I googled William Jones, Butcher, Monmouthshire and found a William Henry Jones who was a butcher in a place called Abertillery.   Looking at a map this is not far from Pontypool where those Jones brothers committed their crimes. (Edwin and James Jones)
We have also found that a Samuel Jones lived in Chepworth, again not far away. He married a Margaret Reece and had 2 children.   He applied for his wife and children to come to Australia.
Can anyone help with William Henry Jones?
Lesley