Author Topic: Barrowden Uppingham Wade Milley Webster  (Read 4235 times)

Offline janeli_1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Barrowden Uppingham Wade Milley Webster
« on: Saturday 16 July 11 23:18 BST (UK) »
I am researching from Canada.   My husband's paternal grandmother, Philippa Jane Wade was from Barrowden.  Her parents were Thomas Reason Wade and Mary Jane Webster.   Thomas' parents were Henry Wade and Sarah Milley.  I have Henry, Sarah and their granddaughter Jane (Philippa) in the 1841 census. 

Questions:  If The family never left Barrowden could death records be recorded in Uppingham.   If so, I believe Henry died in 1855 and his wife, Sarah in 1860.    Thomas and Mary Jane are recorded as having died in Uppingham (I think!) 1880 and 1872 respectively.

Thomas' baptism is recorded as Thomas Mason Wade on 4 Apr 1806 at St Peter's Barrowden (according to some).  Does anyone have access to see if Mason is a transcription error of Reason?  I believe it has to be him. 

Philippa Jane was baptised 30 May 1836 but I don't know under what name.   Early census records have her as Jane.

I actually have a picture of Philippa's tombstone as well as her husband's.    She married Joseph Pentelow 27 June 1877.  They had 2 sons prior to this.    Family seems to think they may have been married earlier but it wasn't recognized.  I'm not so sure as Philippa was Joseph's housekeeper.

Any help with any of the above questions would be appreciated.  I understand Barrowden is quite small.

Thanks,

Jan

Offline saddles

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Barrowden Uppingham Wade Milley Webster
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 July 11 01:18 BST (UK) »
Hello.

here are the Wade burials for both parishes you have mention, they are all between 1813-1891

Hope they help.

Mike.
Townson - Cartmel                      O'Malley - Askeaton, Ireland
Sadler - Dymock & Salford           Tomlinson - St Peters, Leeds
Wilkinson - Salford                      Chant - Sherbourne, Dorset
Garner - Pendleton

Offline janeli_1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 July 11 01:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your quick response.  I am printing what you sent by PM and will get back to you once I go through them!

Thanks!! :) :)

Jan

Offline janeli_1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 July 11 10:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Maybe I am doing too many family trees!  This is mine not my husband's. 

Anyway, the burial dates and ages were invaluable.    Because I have so many census records with approx birth dates it was easy to match up several people.  Thanks so much.

Is Uppingham where Barrowden deaths etc would be registered?  They appear to be only about 10km apart.
Thanks again! :)
Jan