Author Topic: Carnegie Family in Angus area?  (Read 10873 times)

Offline Beverly Ireland

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Carnegie Family in Angus area?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 January 12 05:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Diana, my great great grandmother was Jane Forbes, whose sister was Elizabeth, who married Ernest carnaige.  Their daughter Betty carnaige, now synod grass, lives in Vancouver, b.c. Canada, I just visited her last week, as my sister and I had been to Scotland in October to do some research on our family and found that she was living not more than half an hour from me.  Please contact me if you like, I have a wonderful picture of all the Forbes children and their parents, and pictures from arrow river Manitoba, of Elizabeth, Ernest, and Jim, bett, and Murray with my grandfather and grandmother

Offline Linda R

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 22 March 15 00:04 GMT (UK) »
William Carnegie was my great great uncle.  I don't know much about him as I know a bit more about his brother, James, who was my great grandfather.  I would be grateful for any information you may have found out in your investigations.  I know William was a great fisherman and had been the Earl of Airlie's bodyguard.  He took over the Cortachy estate as head gamekeeper from my grandfather, James, who went on to become head gamekeeper on the Airlie estate.

Offline RO

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 April 17 15:07 BST (UK) »
Hello all. Ernest and Elizabeth are my great grandparents as well. Their son William would be my grandfather.