Author Topic: Mystery of an address  (Read 18622 times)

Offline mcbgene

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery of an address
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 24 August 13 23:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you!

Offline cobramite

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 30 July 15 04:48 BST (UK) »
old English buildings in craigneuk,

I moved to glencairn avenue in craigneuk when I was 5 years old. that would have been 1975, or something like that, I can remember the English buildings at that time were deserted and waiting to be pulled down.

It did indeed sit at the corner of shieldmuir st and English street also on the corner opposite the buildings was a right spit bucket pub called dawsons, full of character and a right hard mans pub.

there are a couple of surviving buildings left, though fully modernised, they are on, on the map you can see winning quadrant, that's all that's left.

the buildings were originally used as housing for the steel industry employees you had ravenscraig and the clyde alloy, these were to meet housing for the clyde alloy employees.

I personally and my friend neily went through every flat looking for anything before they were pulled down.

Offline Lynseytaylo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 10 February 18 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi guys,

Hi, I’m new to this site but have been looking for some living relatives. I see you have been doing research on Agnes shannon and Joseph Jordan. Joseph being one of Richard and Elizabeth Jordan’s children.

Looking around ancestry it is confusing how many children they had . I have a birth certificate for Catherine shannon jordan (1934) but have found family trees relating to another child called Joseph . Do you have information on the children? Or any info regarding this strain of the tree?

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 10 February 18 18:28 GMT (UK) »
Looking around ancestry it is confusing how many children they had . I have a birth certificate for Catherine shannon jordan (1934) but have found family trees relating to another child called Joseph .
Don't believe anything you find on Ancestry or any similar site, unless it's an image of an original certificate. Be especially mistrustful of online family trees. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=714261.0
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 10 February 18 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi guys,

Hi, I’m new to this site but have been looking for some living relatives. I see you have been doing research on Agnes shannon and Joseph Jordan. Joseph being one of Richard and Elizabeth Jordan’s children.

Looking around ancestry it is confusing how many children they had . I have a birth certificate for Catherine shannon jordan (1934) but have found family trees relating to another child called Joseph . Do you have information on the children? Or any info regarding this strain of the tree?

Duplicate post
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=702487.msg6430177#msg6430177
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.