Author Topic: Has anyone seen Henry Hogard Pine?  (Read 4218 times)

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Has anyone seen Henry Hogard Pine?
« on: Thursday 21 July 11 07:07 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
My great-grandfather's family have taken some effort to track down. Born in either Beaminster or Corscombe, they spread the length and breadth of the world after 1851. I have traced their movements (mostly), except one brother.
Henry Hogard Pine was born in Beaminster in 1839, the son of Luke and Frances. I have him in 1851 living with his family in Corscombe, and then that's it. Both parents had passed away by 1861, and the rest (bar one) had moved away. But where did Henry go? I have checked GRO records, census indexes, even whatever military or shipping records I find, but no go. It isn't easy searching from Australia either.
Can anyone help?
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone seen Henry Hogard Pine?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 July 11 14:44 BST (UK) »
In 1841 Henry Hogard and his family were living at East Street, Beaminster, and in 1851 the family was still living in Beaminster on the Findmypast version of the census, together with other siblings. If you Google his full name there are two family trees with him in them-born in Beaminster 1839, but you have to have an access code to view, which you can ask for on the Tribal Pages site.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 July 11 01:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you, but that is my own tree. :)
The only other snippet/clue I have is a reference to a merchant ships in harbour in 1861 (not sure if it is a bokk or what) for a Henry Pine b. Dorset, roughly the right age. I have searched the 1861 census, to no avail.
Thankd for your reply,
Darren

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 July 11 01:49 BST (UK) »
Rule #1: don't type without the light on.
That's Book, and Thanks.

;)

Offline Krisstine Sinclair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 July 15 15:12 BST (UK) »
Was he the brother that went to America

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 07 July 15 04:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Krisstine, and welcome to Rootschat.
I don't know where this Henry Hogard Pine went. I have traced all of the others as they spread out. Jonathan stayed in Corscombe, Dorset, George ended up in Wales, William emigrated to New Zealand, Eliza to Glasgow via Wales, and my own great grandfather Thomas came out to South Australia.
Do you have some information about Henry?

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 07 July 15 05:12 BST (UK) »
Hi just who was the H H Pine who served in the Prince Alberts Somersetshire Light Infantry 13th Foot? he was discharged 22nd December 1887?

Taken from the Chelsea Pensioners Discharge Documents 1760-1887, no record shown of service.

Keyboard86

Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 07 July 15 08:33 BST (UK) »
Thomas is my great grand father too... grand daughter to his son Walter Roy and daughterof Graham John Pine . I've got a second cousin asking me some things about the family. We were trying to see which brother went to America

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 07 July 15 08:34 BST (UK) »
I have that same pine family photo