Author Topic: Henry William Wehner  (Read 3719 times)

Offline LookingWehners

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry William Wehner
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 23 July 11 12:59 BST (UK) »
Ah..the 1905 census is correct. Henry and Anna had thier first child in 1905 and his name was indeed Clement.....A step closer to somewhere!! I am now curious...I have a feeling that maybe the other Wehners with them in 1905 may be a sister-in-law and children....???  Have to part of My group I think!! More to look for....Now to find the original questions.....How and why did Henry come to USA at 9.....I have been looking through numerous naturalization records, will keep going.......

Offline LookingWehners

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 24 July 11 22:31 BST (UK) »
Uggg.....I am beginning to wonder if maybe some of the records I am looking for have been distroyed????  I am feeling over come by this search for Henrys declaration of intent and the petition for naturalization.....going nuts here...

Offline LookingWehners

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 04:45 BST (UK) »
Well I finally have G Grand Fathers parents names, John Wehner and Mary Zorn, One of My Fathers Cousins remembered them......Now to hopefully move forward !!!

Online jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 15:10 BST (UK) »
Not everything is online - the records you are looking for may be only accessible by writing a letter or visiting archives in person. Since there is absolutely no proof (at least so far) that your Henry, who married Anna E Riggs, was born outside the US or is the same person as found in Illinois records, it's far too soon to start looking for immigration/naturalisation records.

You must concentrate on his life in NY, which is the part that you're sure about because you know his wife and children. You can get your Henry's death certificate from http://www.health.state.ny.us/vital_records/death.htm to see if it confirms the information from the family. Often spellings of names get mixed up as the information gets passed down, particularly if, for example, one or both of Henry's parents died when he was young.

This page has info about vital records in Erie County - since that is where the earliest confirmed record of the family, the 1905 census, was found, you should look here for info on where to find marriage and other records:
http://www.buffaloresearch.com/vital.html

There is also this local historical society:
http://www.bechs.org/library/index.htm
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LookingWehners

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 13 August 11 16:11 BST (UK) »
Ok, I have confirmed tha Henry William Wehner was definatly born in Lancaster, Erie County, NY....not in Germany as suspected, I am now concentrating my search to that area for him and his Parents John Wehner and Mary (Zorn) Wehner, looking for them, and when he married Anna Riggs Wehner...what a job....

Val