Author Topic: Farrell, Saint Peter's parish, Drogheda  (Read 12293 times)

Offline dunleergirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Farrell, Saint Peter's parish, Drogheda
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 27 March 16 21:58 BST (UK) »
Great. Our link is through William's son Bernard, born about 1873, and his son Bernard, born about 1900. I've just started looking through the parish records forWilliam's birth as I just have him as approx 1845 (but that's from the census so prob not acurate

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline alexb123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 27 March 16 23:05 BST (UK) »
On William and Julia's marriage certificate, it says that William's father was also called Bernard.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline dunleergirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 28 March 16 00:24 BST (UK) »
The name has certainly traveled down through the generations, lol. Does the marriage cert give Julia'a parents' names?

Offline alexb123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 28 March 16 20:50 BST (UK) »
Yes, he was Patrick Dolan they were from Termonfeckin, (Curstown I think.) I will dig it out and send you a copy. I found a marriage for him, his wife was Margaret McQuillan. Julia had a sister also called Margaret.
Do you have any family information about the Farrell siblings other than Bernard, did they stay in Drogheda, did they marry?
Alex

Offline kingsbridgecath

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 03 April 17 12:17 BST (UK) »
Hi there...hope you don't mind me...I,m following as I think I have Farrell in my tree too, but not sure, my Catherine Farrell married a john bones... they had daughter Catherine around abt 1845.. thank Shane for the tips 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Offline alexb123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 03 April 17 23:55 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm afraid I cannot go back that far with the Farrell family. I cannot find a birth for my ancestor William Farrell, but I believe his father was called Bernard Farrell. I'm not sure whether there is a link to your Catherine Farrell, and I think she would be older? Do you know where and when she was born? Alex