Author Topic: Cefn Golau Cemetery in Tredegar Wales - would love a photo  (Read 10124 times)

Offline Wildlady

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cefn Golau Cemetery in Tredegar Wales - would love a photo
« on: Wednesday 27 July 11 00:52 BST (UK) »
Hi
Can anyone visit the Cefn Golau Cemetery in Tredegar, Wales  for my great great grandmother Frances Fanny Layland, was buried on 29th September 1920, aged 82 years and would like a photo of headstone please ?

Grave 424/Row 15/ section 9

Wildlady

Offline supersoozy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cefn Golau Cemetery in Tredegar Wales - would love a photo
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 August 13 00:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Just wondered if you got the photograph you wanted of your great great grand-mothers headstone? 

I was just looking at Cefn Golau Cememtry on google having seen a piece about it on the TV earlier - and we only live a few minutes away.

If you are still wanting - let me know and we will try to get the photograph for you.

Sue

Offline Wildlady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 February 14 00:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue,
Sorry that I didn't reply you last year August 2013, as I have found out this message in my old email address in my old iphone. So I have done update my new email address for noticafication me.
oops!
I haven't got the photograph of my great great grandmother's headstone. So I would be happy if you could take a photograph the headstone for me please, if you can or wait until the weather get better as I know it had been lots of raining and flooding at the moment.

Valerie (wildlady)

Offline supersoozy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 February 14 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Valerie,

Thanks for your message - and please don't worry about time it took - these things happen.

I am more than happy to get a photo for you but, as suggested, will leave it til the weather is a bit better - it has been raining fairly heavily here and the ground is very wet and I suspect the gravestone will be in the grassed area - plus you will get a much nicer picture if the sun it out.

Will get it done as soon as I can.

Sue

Offline Wildlady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 16 February 14 23:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue,
Thankyou for your reply, yes it would be better when the weather is a bit better and nice sunny. Same here too had been raining everday and windy last week. Terrible! so I will wait to hear from you soon when you get done the photo.

Valerie

Offline MikeWilliams

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 08 February 15 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi wildlady, Have you now got your pic what you was asking about?, I live in tredegar and would be happy to take a look and if possible take a pic.
Willams
Evason
Partridge
Weaver
Cheshire
Cooper
Jenkins
Lissiman
Pomfret
Brown
Prout

Offline Wildlady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 09 February 15 01:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike,

No I havent the the picture of the headstone for ages! So yes please can you take a look and take a pic for me.  My great great grandmother, Frances Fanny Layland were living at 71 High Street, Tredegar. Perhaps if you could take a pic of where she lives or nearby the area of houses.

Her headstone is Grave 424/row15/section 9. Frances Fanny Layland - buried 29th Sept 1920, aged 82.

Wildlady ( Valerie)

Offline MikeWilliams

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 09 February 15 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I will be glad to take a couple of Photo`s , As for the address 71 high street Tredegar there is no High street in tredegar only in the next town "Rhymney" .

If you type 71 High Street Tredegar in Google Maps and choose earth view you get a good pic of the street,

I`ll do my best in the next couple of days see what I come up with.

regards, Mike......
Willams
Evason
Partridge
Weaver
Cheshire
Cooper
Jenkins
Lissiman
Pomfret
Brown
Prout

Offline Wildlady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 10 February 15 00:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike,

Thankyou for your replied. Yes please if you could take couple of photos, I would be happy.  Yes I had a look at the Google map of High street in Rhymney, but on the death cerificate, it said 71 High Street, Tredegar that where she died at her son's house. I have been thinking that her son could be buried there, Her son Leonard David Layland, his death was March 1947 aged 66.  I will find out about Leonard's wife Martha Layland, whether she buried there too. I will find out more about Leonard and Martha Layland's death/buried.

Regards
Wildlady