Author Topic: Cefn Golau Cemetery in Tredegar Wales - would love a photo  (Read 7453 times)

Offline MikeWilliams

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cefn Golau Cemetery in Tredegar Wales - would love a photo
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 February 15 20:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi wildlady, I Have been up to Cefn golau Cemetery and am sorry to say I could not find the headstone, There is alot of headstones missing I managed to take some photos to give you a idea of the area ( section 9 ) also a few of them were unreadable, did you say you have got photos which were taken a long time ago? , if so maybe you could send them to me so i could have a better idea of the type of headstone to look for, sorry i could not have been more help,

as you can see there is alot of headstones which have fallen over, the ground is very boggy, If i can be of anymore help please let me know.

Regards Mike.......
Willams
Evason
Partridge
Weaver
Cheshire
Cooper
Jenkins
Lissiman
Pomfret
Brown
Prout

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Wildlady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 23 February 15 14:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike,

Thankyou very much for the couple of photos of the gravestones, yes I can see some of it had fellen over and unable to read it. No i don't have any photo taken long time ago as I haven't been there. I'm sure that Frances fanny Layland's buried there somewhere. Yes it hard to find the missing headstones. Perhaps I could email to the Record Office/Archives at Gwent to ask if they have got buried plot design to find where about that Frances's buried. When I know more and will contact you in this rootschat.
Many thanks for the photos

Regards
Wildlady

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Wildlady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 23 February 15 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike,
I wondering can you email me the gravestones photos that you send couple of photos in this rootchat, because I can't save some of the photos?

Regards
Wildlady

Offline MikeWilliams

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 23 February 15 16:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wildlady, I`ll be glad to , pm your e-mail address to me and i`ll send them as a rar file is that ok?

regards mike..............
Willams
Evason
Partridge
Weaver
Cheshire
Cooper
Jenkins
Lissiman
Pomfret
Brown
Prout

Offline Wildlady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 23 February 15 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi mike, ok thankyou for your reply. My email address is valeriemorris23@sky.com to send me some photos.

Many thanks
Wildlady

Offline jane camp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 02 August 18 19:32 BST (UK) »
Hi
does anyone know if there is a common area or area where stillborn babies are buried  in cefn golau cemetery and if there is a map anywhere online.
thanks jane