Author Topic: Wright Family - Moor Hall Widnes  (Read 3115 times)

Offline michaelcharles

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wright Family - Moor Hall Widnes
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 September 18 17:46 BST (UK) »
Hello, Phil.
If you go on google maps for Widnes you should find Halton Stadium (home of Widnes Vikings) which is in Lowerhouse Lane. Just south of the stadium is Milton Road. On the corner of these two roads is a pub called the Cricketers Arms. Moorside Farm was just to the right of where this pub now stands. On the other side of the road there is now a small street called Moorside Court!
Also, check out British History Online/Townships/Widnes where there is some mention of the Wright family, which may or may not be ancestors.
I see in one of posts you mention your family in connection with the Cuerdley Cross pub. My Grt.Grt. Grandfather was landlord here from 1871 to 1896, and subsequent members of the family up to 1924.
I note that you are in Australia. Do you have a relative by the name of Paul, born in Orange. I think his father may have been Kevin. If so, I do believe we could be part of the same very extended Family!!
I'll send a photo of farm and pub when I figure out how to upload and I am glad to help with any other information if I can.  Cheers, Mike Humphreys.