Author Topic: Michael Caulfield - b. circa 1928  (Read 18093 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Caulfield - b. circa 1928
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 11 August 12 22:17 BST (UK) »
I think i may of found Elizabeth Clarke's birth in Athlone in 1911. Michael let's say was born in 1911. Would there be any records of property purchase seeing as they lived in Ballymahon?

Most people leased or rented rather than owning property outright.

You could check in the Valuation office records (www.valoff.ie office is in Lwr Abbey St., Dublin) for occupiers or owners, but you would need an address first - i.e. the name of the electoral district, and the name of the street or townland.

I think it was mentioned in an earlier reply that the only match for Michel's birth in Ballymahon district is in 1916. I think you need that marriage cert to to see if it fits your clues, and confirm that you are on the correct trail before searching for births.

S.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Lisacul Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 11 August 12 22:45 BST (UK) »
Hi ,

This on the question of Ireland's neutrality in WWII. The State wished to appear neutral but were in fact assisting The Allies covertly in allowing its airspace open to the allies and providing directional finders on its western seaboard for allied plannes from the States to mention two instances. As for Irish Troops the article below may throw a little more light on the question of neutrality.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0612/breaking47.html

Offline genealogistsykes

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 12 August 12 11:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone, yes i'm gonna have to go and get the marriage cert then! Cheers :)