Author Topic: WADESON - Victoria lookup please  (Read 8144 times)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: WADESON - Victoria lookup please
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 04:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks Judith.

regards,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 04:42 BST (UK) »
TROVE has a mention of the death of Francis Edward WADESON of heart disease.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/3883874?

There are a couple of other mentions if you search using Tatura + Wadeson including a Court case in 1911 where some-one supplied drink to Frank WADESON knowing he was prohibited!

http://trove.nla.gov.au

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 04:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks Judith! I need to improve my search skills - I have spent a lot of time on Trove without finding these.

regards,
   Ros
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 05:11 BST (UK) »
I also restricted the search to Victorian newspapers, which cut out a few more!  However the Eltham WADESONS keep getting in the way.  There also seems to be another Frances WADESOn in Euroa area.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 05:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks Judith.

Perhaps I should rethink whether the Diamond Creek Wadesons are a separate family.  Francis Edward Wadeson was born in Heidelberg, Vic to Edward Wadeson (1824-1889) and Francis Emma Mitchell (1796-1842).   Edward Wadeson (my gg grandfather) lived in Heidelberg from his arrival in 1844 until 1865 when he deserted family and went to live in Tatura. 
His parents were Samuel James Wadeson(1790-1881) of London and Romford Essex and Emily Minet (1796-1842).

I found an obit to Richard Wadeson from Diamond Creek saying that his family was from Lancashire so have recently been ignoring that family.  And I didn't find a Richard Wadeson as (say) brother to Edward.

However Heidelberg is quite close to Diamond Creek and the children's names are very similar.   I think I should relook at this.  Hmmm and looking at the 1856 electoral roll for Heidelberg I see both an Edward Wadeson and Richard Wadeson there.   

regards,
   Ros 

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 06:40 BST (UK) »
Ros,

From the Cyclopedia of Victoria, the District of Heidelberg became a Shire on 27th January 1871 and Mr Richard Wadeson was the Shire President.

Gerry

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 07:06 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gerry.  Richard Wadeson seems to be the patriarch of the Diamond Creek mob but annoyingly I still can't find any link to my Wadesons.   

There is a birth and a death of a Richard Wadeson in 1851-1852 in Heidelberg but he has a father of Laurence Wadeson  who is also not linked to my Wadesons (as far as I know). 

regards,
   Ros

Offline alison2763

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gr. Grandfather Harry KEETLEY K.I.A. 1917 France
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 07:12 BST (UK) »
Hello Ros,
Heidelberg and Diamond Creek are no that far apart  ;)
Births of children all in Heidelberg to Edward WADESON and Francis Emma MITCHELL :
1. Elizabeth b 1851 Church of England KEELBUNDOORA { NOW HEIDELBERG } Fiche:369 # 25336 d Heidelberg aged 1 1852 { there are 2 entries ??#25443 and # 25470 Fiche: 370 and 371 Same church.
2. Elizabeth b 1853 Church of England KEELBUNDOORA { NOW HEIDELBERG } Fiche:370# 25447
3. Charlotte Ann b 1858 # 11113
4. Francis Edward b 1859 # 12397
5. Mary Anna b 1861 # 12831
6. John Lawrence b 1863 # 14741

In the same church were the marriages of:
Laurence  WADESON and Mary OSWIN 1850 # 25421 Fiche: 370
and
Richard WADESON and Elizabeth Louisa BAKER 1853 # 25490 Fiche: 371

Laurence and Mary had 2 children Richard William b 1851 and Mary Sibyle b 1852 d 1853 all at Heidelberg at the same church.

Richard and Elizabeth had 7 children in Heidelberg and then 1 at DUCK in 1864 and then 5 at Violet Town then a death of a child at BALM in 1875 and then 1 Violet Town in 1878 { pretty close to Euroa}

Richard WADESON d 1858 aged 56 { birthplace LANC} - Richard and unknown mother # 8696
I think this is the father of Lawrence:
Lawrence WADESON d 1876 aged 62 { b LANC} - Richard WADESON and Sybella HEWITTSON # 5160
Mary WADESON d 1883 aged 71 Heidelberg - William OSWIN  and Mary JOYCE # 8656

There was also a Thomas WADESON and Ann JACKSON having children in Ivanhoe and Heidelberg one having the name Mary Sabella " sic"

So Thomas, Lawrence, Richard and his son Richard all had Sybella in the names of daughters.

Thomas WADESON d 1891 aged 61 Diamond Creek -unknown parents # 14828
Richard WADESON d 1912 aged 87 Hawthorn -unknown parents #10257

Assisted Passengers:
WADESON   EDW   21   FEB   1844   ROYAL CONSORT   2/3   165
Unassisted:
WADESON   S MRS   38   AUG   1889   HARBINGER   B   518   003
WADESON   ---- MRS   45   NOV   1872   ALHAMBRA I   N   120   001
WADESON   ADA   13   NOV   1872   ALHAMBRA I   N   120   001
WADESON   FLORENCE   5   NOV   1872   ALHAMBRA I   N   120   001
WADESON   JULIA   7   NOV   1872   ALHAMBRA I   N   120   001
WADESON   WILLIAM   11   NOV   1872   ALHAMBRA I   N   120   001
WADESON   L   36   FEB   1855   GOLDFINDER   B   086   007

A few WADESON Wills here to check out:
http://210.8.122.120/indexes/index_search_results.asp

I would be hunting down the church records which might have the parents names on the marriages  ;)

Regards
Alison
Blundell- Sussex - Newcastle
Kiefel- Prussia- South Australia
Fiegert-Prussia- South Australia
Retford/Deptford-Hampshire- NSW
Keetley-Hathern Leicestershire-New Zealand
Other names: Collis, Williams,Courage, Andrew, Ransom, Gore.

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 07:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks Alison - lots to think about.  There does seem to be a cluster of Wadesons around Heidelberg and it not a common name.

I should add that Edward's elder brother Samuel also came out to Australia and went to live in Bathurst, NSW as a solicitor and it was quite easy to find articles in trove about his death and his wife's sad death as very few Wadesons in NSW.  Ironic that the only relative I know about went to live somewhere entirely different.

regards,
   Ros