Author Topic: WADESON - Victoria lookup please  (Read 8164 times)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: WADESON - Victoria lookup please
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 01 September 11 08:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks Alison.  More to think about and look into.   

regards,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 01 September 11 08:20 BST (UK) »
Emma had another daughter Elizabeth 1853-1879 so I am now thinking that the Blanche Elizabeth Wadeson b 1874 could have been Elizabeth's daughter and who Emma raised as her own. Well it's a possibility - I'll look into that.

regards,
   Ros
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Wadesonriver

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 27 May 18 03:50 BST (UK) »
I'm a descendant of Richard Wadeson who settled in (Balmatten) Euroa, in the mid 1850's. Your findings of Francis Wadeson's family interests me. I believe him to be the eldest son of Richard Wadeson. If he is, he returned to to the Family farm at Balmatten & ran the farm after Richard returned to Melbourne due to Heart problems.
I notice that you refer to the Diamond Creek Wadesons as a different Family. The Diamond Creek Wadesons are Descendants Of Thomas Wadeson, Brother of Richard, & Laurance (Heidelberg) & another Brother - Edward. They all initially settled in Heidelberg, Laurance stayed, Thomas moved to Diamond Creek, & Richard moved to (Balmatten) Euroa. We don't know what happened to Edward. I'm of the opinion that Francis Edward Wadeson (Tatura) is the eldest son of Richard Wadeson (Balmatten) Euroa. You may have uncovered more details that may help me. Thanks Tony     

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 29 May 18 05:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Tony,
   Welcome to rootschat  :) :)  Lovely to make contact with you.

I think I have sorted out all the Wadeson's now.   Yes I was mistaken in thinking that the Diamond Creek family were a different branch.

I'm a descendant of Edward so I know what happened to him  :) 

I'll send you a pm (personal message) with my e-mail address.   To read the message just click on "My Messages" in the brown banner at the top.

Ros