Author Topic: GRIFFITHS family Cavan  (Read 7032 times)

Offline BRETA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GRIFFITHS family Cavan
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 April 15 09:04 BST (UK) »
James Arnold, 26, bachelor, farmer, of Cullies (father: Richard Arnold, farmer) to Elizabeth Arnold, 21, spinster, of Cullies (father: John Arnold, farmer) on Feb.22, 1855, in the Meetinghouse, Carryallen(?), County Leitrim. Charles Arnold was a witness. Found this info on web site Earls Family Chronicles by Christopher Earls Brennan. Not your William Arnold but could be his family. Sue.
STOCKDALE Jas & Eliz ROBINSON Aus Gosford/ Geo ROBINSON & El HOLTBY Carnaby, Yorkshire/
HUGGINS Rob & Em DAVIS/Bleakley Berry HUGGINS & Ann PRINGLE Eng/ Ire/ Aus
Will WILLIAMS & Charl STONE I.O.W.
MATHEWS Thos A & Mary DEVINE Louth Ire/Aus.
BELL Jas Ed & Jane KEARNES Braidwood/ Wagga Wagga
RITCHIE Will & Chris Gowans BOYD/GOWANS/ALLAN/CASKIE SCOT

Offline BRETA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 April 15 13:03 BST (UK) »

Re: Arnolds in Dumbrick, Carrigallen, County Leitrim

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 21 December 08 01:45 GMT (UK) »

Hi there, from the 1821 Census for Carrigallen Parish there were three Arnold families in Dumbrick Townland - John born about 1781, with wife Isabella and 5 children, Thomas born about 1780, with wife Jane and 6 children aand William b. 1771 with wife Lilly and 7 children.  None of their children are named Joseph. Presumably they are all related, probably brothers. There were other Arnold families in two adjacent Townlands, Mullyaster - Edward b. 1784 and Frances with 3 children,  and another in Corglafs, no husband with Anne Arnold and 4 children. I am descended from Edward. There were also other Arnold families in the Townlands of Cullies and Guladuff which are several miles south of the above Townlands. Again, no sign of a Joseph.  It is of course possible that Joseph was a grandchild of one of the above and or moved to Dumbrick or one of the northern Townlands in the Parish.  Some of the landlords had holdings in different areas and I have one case where one family seems to have moved from Killeshandra to Carrigallen (10+ miles?) so I guess anything is possible as to where they came from or where they went.  I have copies of some old records showing where the Townlands actually were and even where the rental sites were within some Townlands.  Let me know more specifically some dates so that I can determine if there is anything else I can add.  I also have some records of the Arnold descendants of Edward and his wife Frances Sherritt in subsequent generations in Canada, the US and Australia.  Good luck. GeoffreyS                         Looks like there is already a lot of info about the Arnold family on this site as well as on Google to keep you busy. All the best with your family tree. Sue.
STOCKDALE Jas & Eliz ROBINSON Aus Gosford/ Geo ROBINSON & El HOLTBY Carnaby, Yorkshire/
HUGGINS Rob & Em DAVIS/Bleakley Berry HUGGINS & Ann PRINGLE Eng/ Ire/ Aus
Will WILLIAMS & Charl STONE I.O.W.
MATHEWS Thos A & Mary DEVINE Louth Ire/Aus.
BELL Jas Ed & Jane KEARNES Braidwood/ Wagga Wagga
RITCHIE Will & Chris Gowans BOYD/GOWANS/ALLAN/CASKIE SCOT

Offline Gary Allison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 April 15 14:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue.

Thanks very much for your help. I don't expect to find the forebears of William Arnold or Jane Griffith(s) but if by some miracle I do I will certainly let you know.

Cheers,

Gary.