Author Topic: South Australian Lookups Offer  (Read 11675 times)

Offline Kylee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: South Australian Lookups Offer
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 05 June 05 01:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Barb, here is what Ive found on your Reids

Surname: REID
Given Names: James Isaac Peter
Date: 1885-05-07
Sex: M
Father: James Harrison REID
Mother: Annie Maudie DECENT
Birth Place/Residence: Adelaide
District Code: Ade

Given Names: Charles John Phipard
Date: 1887-06-17
Father: James Harrison REID
Mother: Annie DECENT

Here is the next generation back

Given Names: James Harrison
Date: 1862-01-03
Father: Isaac REID
Mother: Sarah MEDUS

Given Names: Isaac John William
Date: 1860-02-07
Father: Isaac REID
Mother: Sarah Louisa Elizabeth MEDUS

Isaac John William Reid - here is what Ive found on him

Given Names: Herbert Charles Medus
Date: 1888-08-16
Father: Isaac John William REID
Mother: Rebecca GILBEY

Given Names: Isaac James John Frederick
Date: 1886-04-17
Father: Isaac John William REID
Mother: Rebecca GILBEY

Hope this is of help to you - I found nothin on the deaths - but at home I can only access up to 1915.

Kylee

FURTAK, LINDSAY, BROCK, SMITH, LOVETT, HARDEN, MYERS, MAYERS, MERCHANT, MARCHANT, DOWLEANS, ATKINSON, HAIRE, RUDLAND, TRANDAFIL, PIEJKO

Offline Laverdiere

• RootsChat Senior
  • "Birdie" Wedderburn
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 05 June 05 04:08 BST (UK) »
Hi could you see if there are any children born to James and Jessie Lowe and if there is a death for a Jessie Lowe? 

I have a James Lowe who had a daughter Annie in abt 1841 and lost his wife sometime after that.  He later took his family to South Africa.

Thanks, Laverdiere

Offline banora

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 05 June 05 12:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks Kylee for info this is a great help.

Barb
Buckingham, bliss,  Beatty (Beattie or Beaty), Bullock,
 Dunnett,  Jones, , Keane, Kite (Kyte), Nagle, Sendey, Reid,

Offline tidgie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 05 June 05 16:05 BST (UK) »
Hi, I want to find Septimus Woodhouse born in England 1864. I think he went to Australia between 1881 and 1891. He was a sheep farmer. I dont know if he married. When he died his nephews and nieces in England received a small amount of money. Thanks Tidgie.
Carroll, Burt, Kent
Workman, Worcestershire.
Vale, Murray,  Birmingham
Lowe, Oxfordshire

Offline Kylee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 05 June 05 23:42 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, I am leaving for a weeks holiday as of this afternoon June 6th so I wont be able to access the internet to reply to any lookup requests! I shall be back after June 12th - sometime after that I will be able to help again.

To both requests from Laverdiere and Tidgie, I had a look but was not successful in finding anything. Possibly you are looking at the wrong state in Australia? Sorry I couldnt be of any help to you both.

Kylee
FURTAK, LINDSAY, BROCK, SMITH, LOVETT, HARDEN, MYERS, MAYERS, MERCHANT, MARCHANT, DOWLEANS, ATKINSON, HAIRE, RUDLAND, TRANDAFIL, PIEJKO

Offline redcrystal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 10 July 05 20:37 BST (UK) »
Hi.
I was wondering what the procedure is for before 1839. :)
I have George Henry Bras(s)ington Married to Susan(nah) Davi(e)S 13 Nov 1837. I have their first child listed as Phoebe BRAS(S)INGTON 24 Feb 1838. which means, either mother was pregnant before wedding, or child was 6 months premiture.. Either way the child died one day later. I can't say the whole Phoebe thing is true and correct as I got it from LDS, along with alot of other BRAS(S)ington info. But is there some way I/you/someone can search this info? Like Phoebe's Birth and Death Certificate. Is there some way to find where the child is buried? They also had one other child while in SA, Caroline Esther, I don't have her certificate, but I believe she was born 8 April 1839.
I also have no idea how they came to be in SA, both came in via NSW as convicts, him in 1832 and her in 1828.
Thanks for your help,
Liz
(AUSTRALIA-NSW)
Bras(s)ington, Campbell, Donnelly, Ferry,  Lavelle, Williams,
(ENGLAND)
Allen (Colchester), Brassington (Cheshire), Burns (Durham), Davis (Sussex), White (Middlesex), Williams (Bristol),
(FRANCE-Gascony)
Breil/h, Peres, Raymond
(IRELAND)
Ferry, Herlithy

(INDIA)
Allen, Burns, Davidson, Hardie, Larengo, Lawrence, Pathe, Raymond, Wallis, White,

Offline Kylee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 11 July 05 00:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Liz,

Unfortunately I wasnt able to find the births on cd as theyre too early (1842 - 1906) but did find the parents marriage which verified your dates. There were other Brassington births and deaths but not to the parents you mentioned and much later on. Did your Brassingtons stay in SA?

http://www.hotkey.net.au/~jwilliams4/sa2.htm

I am still looking for you dont give up hope just yet :)

Kylee

Offline redcrystal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 11 July 05 15:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Wow :O :) That was quick thank you for searching and continuing to look. I am sorry I should have mentioned (i was a wee bit tired as I had discoved this site, and didn't wanna go to bed ;) ) that they( Or maybe just her) left SA  before APR 1841 as she had a child in NSW, (and continued having them ever two years in NSW :O ) He could possibly been involved with ships/shipping.. I don't have the book but the Bega genealogy book, says that he got shipwrecked somewhere near Pambula Nsw.
Ok, I have probably babbled enough.
Thanks again for your help.
Liz
(AUSTRALIA-NSW)
Bras(s)ington, Campbell, Donnelly, Ferry,  Lavelle, Williams,
(ENGLAND)
Allen (Colchester), Brassington (Cheshire), Burns (Durham), Davis (Sussex), White (Middlesex), Williams (Bristol),
(FRANCE-Gascony)
Breil/h, Peres, Raymond
(IRELAND)
Ferry, Herlithy

(INDIA)
Allen, Burns, Davidson, Hardie, Larengo, Lawrence, Pathe, Raymond, Wallis, White,

Offline Kylee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 12 July 05 02:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Liz, try this site - noticed it has NSW and shipping information on it. If you click on BDMs it will take you to another page with the state you want to search. Good luck with it and I will still keep looking for you!

Here is the site:

http://www.genseek.net/

Kylee