Author Topic: Ship records Please  (Read 7538 times)

Offline dbingham191

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ship records Please
« on: Friday 12 August 11 10:52 BST (UK) »
Hi all looking for records of William Delbridge 1805 Truro, Cornwall, England and die 1877 Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia looking for ship records to fine a wife he all so came with 5 children .Father was John Delbridge and Mother Elizabeth Delbridge (nee Martyn).Cheer Deb

Offline warncoort

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • James Edward Butcher, son John William 1925
    • View Profile
Re: Ship records Please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 August 11 12:22 BST (UK) »
Go to resources page,shipping lists there.
Butcher Westmorland and Lancashire
Barton Westmorland and Yorkshire
Trethowan,Reeves Middlesex
Halsall,Green,Charters,Chatterton Lancashire
Smith, Moger, Maxfield Wiltshire
Woods,Speechley and Coles Huntingdonshire
Gibson,Blanks,Monk,Fokes Essex

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 August 11 14:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Deb,

I can see a Thomas and Jane DELBRIDGE with five children, and Edward and Mary DELBRIDGE with five children, but no William.

Can you confirm that his name was William and not Edward, as everything that I am looking at seems to show his name as Edward  ???

Okay, there seems to be a lot of confusion about William and Edward on the trees I have looked at, with both of them marrying the same woman.  ;D  Can you give us the names of William's children?  I think I can see both families on the census in Cornwall, possibly brothers?

Debra  :)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 August 11 14:21 BST (UK) »
Would this be William and his family in 1851?  If not, please can you list his children.

1851, living at Solar Row, Truro St Clement
William Delbridge   45, mason, b Mithian, Cornwall
Elizabeth Delbridge   22, daughter, b Mithian Cornwall
William Delbridge   17, son, mason's apprentice,  b St Agnes, Cornwall
Isaac Delbridge   11, b Mithian Cornwall
Maria Delbridge   8, b St Agnes, Cornwall

This looks like them also; there are some matches with the 1851 entry, but some are a bit off  ???
1841 at Warren, St Ives, Cornwall - all born in Cornwall.
William Delbridge   35, mason
Maria Delbridge   30
Thomas Delbridge   10
William Delbridge   8
Sophia Delbridge   5
Isaac Delbridge   3

Hmmm I have some concerns about this William DELBRIDGE as there is an entry in the 1881 census for
William DELBRIDGE, 74, mason, b St Agnes Cornwall
This person has a wife Emily and a son Joseph living with him in Camborne, Cornwall.
Clearly this cannot be the William Delbridge who died in 1877 in Fitzroy.

1871 - looks like same chap as in1881, a mason, living with wife E Delbridge, son J Delbridge and daughter E Delbridge. (No forenames given  :( )

Looks like a mixup somewhere.

FamilySearch (IGI) has a birth 1804 and a baptism 1807 for a William DELBRIDGE in St Agnes, Cornwall.  There is a death on FreeBMD for William DELBRIDGE in 1883, age 76, registered in Truro.

It is obviously a common name as there are 7 marriages listed for William DELBRIDGEs in Cornwall, 6 of them registered in Truro, from 1846 to 1899.  As civil registration did not begin till 1837 there is a fair chance your William was married before that, given his age.

Sorting these fellows out is quite a task! .  No wonder there is so much confusion on the Trees.

I can't see an immigration for William into Australia.  Someone else may have better luck.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 August 11 14:30 BST (UK) »
PROV wills has a death of an Edward DELBRIDGE in Fitzroy in 1877.  I don't have access to the Victorian indexes - the only William DELBRIDGE dying in 1877 on the Australian death index died in NSW.

???  ???

Edit to add: This man would surely be of the same family.
TROVE has a death notice for Edward DELBRIDGE, sen of St Agnes Cornwall, died 7 November 1877.  His address is Mithian Terrace, Kerr St, Fitzroy, aged 69. 

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/5944243

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 12 August 11 14:37 BST (UK) »
I agree! It was Edward who died in 1877, and from this post it looks to me like it is Edward and Mary's family that Deb is looking for.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,543391.0.html

Debra  :)

Offline dbingham191

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 12 August 11 14:39 BST (UK) »
Hi judb and Dundee the children i have are it like i was wrong he must of die in England .

Maria Delbridge
Isaac Delbridge
Sophia Delbridge
William Delbridge
Thomas Croff Delbridge

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 12 August 11 14:48 BST (UK) »
Deb, it isn't just you - there are at least 4 public trees on Ancestry which seem to have come to the same conclusions as you have.

If you would like us to help you work backwards, let us know what is the earliest DELBRIDGE you have with certificates?

Judith

Offline dbingham191

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 12 August 11 15:13 BST (UK) »
Hi judb the earliest is James Delbridge birth 1806 Cornwall, England and die 31 May 1890 Kapunda, South Australia he married Margaret Rickard in 1828 in Cornwall, England. Margaret Rickard birth 1804 Cornwall, England and die 1892 Kapunda, South Australia. Thank you for helping me cheer Deb.