Author Topic: Astwood Bank  (Read 3878 times)

Offline GenClub Genie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Astwood Bank Baptist Grave Stoens or MIs
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 September 18 10:25 BST (UK) »
I've dipped in here very quickly - first visit in a long time. I was looking for the old style boards and Astwood Bank in particular and ended up on this thread. I can't see a way to start a new thread so apologies if I've missed that.

I'm looking for information on burials at Astwood Bank Baptist Chapel.  Does anyone know what happened to the stones when the Church closed in the late 1900s?  Or if a Monumental Inscription survey was ever done there (nothing in The Hive catalogue)?

I'm generally interested but particularly on the hunt for an image of a grave stone or a recorded MI for Joshua Harris, buried there in March 1847.  He was the early founder of Studley Baptists.

Many thanks for any information or suggested pointers you may like to share.

Joy

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Astwood Bank
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 01 September 18 12:59 BST (UK) »
You've provided a burial month of "March 1847"

Birmingham Journal, Sat 17th April, 1847
Deaths
On the 6th inst (ie. April), at Studley, in this county, Mr Joshua Harris, formerly a grocer and druggist, of this town.

Offline GenClub Genie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Astwood Bank
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 September 18 08:07 BST (UK) »
Many, many thanks for taking the trouble to look this up and reply, but its a visual I'm after, an image of a memorial would be ideal but a transcribed MI would suffice, as an illustration for a book I'm working on.

I have found a note on BMHGS' site that a graveyard plan and list of burials should be held at WorcsRO at the Hive, but I can't find it in their online catalogue.  I've emailed to ask them to confirm that it is there before making the journey and if so I'll report back here and will be happy to look up anything for anyone else too.