Author Topic: 'the sands'  (Read 4293 times)

Offline jibhauler14

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 'the sands'
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 31 August 11 15:13 BST (UK) »
Just found out that the family were buried in the Churchyard at St Margarets in Clee Saint Margaret advised by a very helpfull lady...

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline JessB_1604

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 30 December 15 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I know this is a very old thread but I just stumbled across it...

My parents own this house! If I can help in any way then let me know :-)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline JessB_1604

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 30 December 15 21:11 GMT (UK) »
The Sands is at The Yeld, Clee St Margaret, on the side of the Clee Hill.  It once belonged to a relative of mine and I have a bundle of deeds relating to it.  On 11 December 1855 a Mr William Mantle sold it to yor relative Mr William Edwards of Stoke St Millborough for 150.  Mr Edwards, who was a higgler (an itinerant dealer) sold it to a Mr John Corfield on 18 April 1867.

Hope this is helpful.

Celia16.

Hi Celia16

I don't suppose you still have these old deeds do you? My parents own this house now and I know they would absolutely love to see a copy if there was any way of doing so!

Thanks in advance!