Author Topic: Fania Family of Taranto, Italy  (Read 924 times)

Offline NCJE2910

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Fania Family of Taranto, Italy
« on: Monday 15 August 11 21:21 BST (UK) »
Hi guys,

I was hoping someone out there could possibly help me locate some new info regarding my Ancestor Angelina Fania Gargiulo's family.

Angelina was born in Taranto, Apulia, Italy in April 1880 and died August 21 1923 in Bronx, NY, USA
She was married to Raffaele Gargiulo in 1897 in Italy.
She was the daughter of Filomena & Francesco Fania
I would love to be able to find out some more information about her parents or any possible siblings, or any information regarding her life before she immigrated to America in 1899.
If anybody can help with any info or give me any clues fo how to find something out, please contact me here or you can email me at (*)

Thanks so much,
Nick

(*) Moderator Comment: Personal details removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

The Rootschat personal message system will be automatically activated when a member has made two or three posts on the boards. See Help-Page: http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Canarelli, Volk, Mirabella, Gargiulo, Trollo, Lang, Nicoletti, Fania, Guinta, Palumbo, Faiella, Scarpetti, Bulson, Lower, Kaiser, Bachlor, Mcnamee, Selvaggi, Pasquali, Supprese, Eisenberg, Slomovitz, Shierman, Gritzman, Easton

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fania Family of Taranto, Italy
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 August 11 09:45 BST (UK) »
Hiya Nick
familysearch.org
search
record pilot
has 18 records of Fania in Taranto ..... from 1824 ...but your Francesca and Filomena don`t appear
anyway...have a look ...something may look familiar to you
allan
ADDED.........    Raphael Garguilo born 1876 Italy ...resident in New York 1900 ...is this your Raffaele ?
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline NCJE2910

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 August 11 17:00 BST (UK) »
Hi garstonite,

Thanks so much for the tip, but unofrtunately I only found one record with a Fania from Taranto, what kind of records were they?
And yes, my Raphael Gargiulo was born in 1876 Italy and lived in NY
Nick
Canarelli, Volk, Mirabella, Gargiulo, Trollo, Lang, Nicoletti, Fania, Guinta, Palumbo, Faiella, Scarpetti, Bulson, Lower, Kaiser, Bachlor, Mcnamee, Selvaggi, Pasquali, Supprese, Eisenberg, Slomovitz, Shierman, Gritzman, Easton

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 August 11 19:11 BST (UK) »
Hi garstonite,

Thanks so much for the tip, but unofrtunately I only found one record with a Fania from Taranto, what kind of records were they?
And yes, my Raphael Gargiulo was born in 1876 Italy and lived in NY
Nick

on Record Pilot they are Babtism records / census records and entries in to USA records....allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford