Author Topic: Patrick RING  (Read 15738 times)

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick RING
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 26 December 12 15:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nuala
Well there is just so much information to share I couldn't possibly do it all on here, if you have an email I will forward some photos and give you as much info as I possibly can on the Ring family.  Another descendant of the Griffith family who lives in Canada is also researching and we share all of our knowledge on the family, she is very good in that she updates her tree constantly, I have bursts of it and then have to leave it for a while as I get overloaded with it all.
I will send you a private message on here and give you my email address
Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 26 December 12 15:25 GMT (UK) »
By the way, the picture you see on my profile is actually William Griffith born GRIFFITHS, in Meath in 1846, the rest of his siblings were all baptised GRIFFIN, but they were one and the same family all with the same parents.  You will find the surnames of people did change over time mainly because not everyone was literate so the misspelling happened a lot by priests entries.
It was this William who died in 1904.
Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline Nuala Finnegan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 30 March 16 11:04 BST (UK) »
Hi all, I have recently discovered the Patrick Ring (DMP) who left Kilkenny and went to Dublin father was also a Patrick Ring born in 1812 in Bennetsbridge along with some interesting reading on how he was treated in 1843 by his landlord Richard Shee.  There is a Jackaline Ring who posted a message that I suspect is a sibling of Patrick.  Have no idea where she lives now and cannot reply to message posted in 2005 just posting this up in the hope that perhaps she is still living.  Her message relates to Patrick Ring 1840 to 1850.  Have gone back a little further into the Rings 1700s but still researching this part.

Rings of Ballyredding and Bennettsbridge
Replies: 0
Rings of Ballyredding and Bennettsbridge
Jackaline Ring (View posts)
Posted:   28 Aug 2005 3:02 GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ring
Patrick Ring & Bridget Ryan's children were Thomas(1790), John (1793) & Mary (1796), baptized Diocese of Ossary, Jerpoint. Seeking information on their siblings & descendents - specifically any connections to John, William and Patrick Ring, property owners (farmers) in Ballyredding North and Bennettsbridge in 1848.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 30 March 16 11:11 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rooschat, Nuala, but I think you might be looking for someone who posted on another site called Rootsweb-
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.britisles.ireland.kik.general/3551/mb.ashx
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Nuala Finnegan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 30 March 16 16:34 BST (UK) »
I did indeed just to increase possible contacts, have been on here before speaking to Thistlebay.

Many thanks, Nuala

Offline healyjfch

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 29 May 16 13:39 BST (UK) »
There is a Ring Headstone in Bennettsbridge Co. Kilkenny The village of Bennettsbridge was in Roman Catholic parish of Danesfort up to about 1843. Bennettsbridge is now in Parish of Tullaherin

I will take down the headstone details shortly.
Have you looked for Rings on the 1901 or 1911 census.
Bennettsbridge is spelled with one t in 1901 but two in 1911

Offline Nuala Finnegan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 29 May 16 16:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you.  Visited little church and graveyard in Danesfort a short while ago with my mother.  I have indeed checked the Census records have been at this for some time.  Mother side are all based in Dublin but knew there was some connection with Kilkenny but did not no where.  Finally traced that with the help of Frank Kavanagh and traced back to my great, great, great grandfather Patrick Ring from that area born in 1812.  He was a tenant farmer of the Shea's but suffered badly when the original owner passed and his brother took over.  This was Richard Shee or Shea if I remember correctly and he inflicted as much harm as possible on my ancestor and his young family including eviction.  However, he survived 1843 and in 1853 they had Patrick Ring my Great great grandfather and all I knew what he left Kilkenny and moved to Dublin with a reference from the PP in Danesfort.
Could not find any headstone in that small church and the one in Bennetsbridge looked to new.  Any help you can give would really be appreciated.  You can email me if you wish especially if you know of surviving relatives.  The Rings travelled far and wide and have traced them to America, Australia in particular and others parts of the world.  Many thanks again.

Offline healyjfch

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 29 May 16 19:06 BST (UK) »
St Bennet's Church in Bennettsbridge was built in 1969. It replaced a smaller old Church. The old Church was surrounded by graves in the site adjoining. The old Church walls were taken down. New graves are actually in the area where old Church once stood. Some headstones date back to 1800's

I will post headstone details shortly.

Offline Nuala Finnegan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 29 May 16 19:52 BST (UK) »
So looking in the wrong place!  Think there are a few Rings left in Danesfort/Bennetsbridge. Thanks a million.

Nuala