Author Topic: Patrick RING  (Read 15761 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick RING
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 August 11 17:58 BST (UK) »
Patrick O'Brien was PP in Danesfort/Deansfort back to 1868 at least..

1872  Patrick O'Brien, Deansford (curates : John Knaresboro, Patrick Shorthall)

1868  Patrick Brien, Deansford (curates : John Knasebo[?], Richard Walsh)

only other listing for the name as a parish priest during that time is a Patrick J. O'Brien in Tuam Diocese in 1868 1872 and 1877

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 22 August 11 21:54 BST (UK) »
So it appears this is the correct Patrick then, thank goodness we can put this one to bed now!!  thank you so much for your help Shane.
Regards
Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 29 December 11 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Callan (Kilbride) cemetery

James Canavan; Bridget st Callan
4/3/1942 (69)
Richard Canavan;
10/9/1942
Julia Canavan;
8/11/1945
Mary O Brien;
8/9/1963
Mary RING;
31/3/1964 (84)
========
Jack

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 30 December 11 17:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jack
Im not sure this is connected but I'll take a look.
Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline sweetpea1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 21 August 12 11:42 BST (UK) »
Patrick Ring was born Feb 5 1853 in Danesfort Co Kilkenny.  His father was Patrick (1812-1879) also and his mother Mary Mc Grath (1815-1889).

The siblings were Richard, Bridget Mary, Thomas, and John.

Patrick joined the DMP and you have his records but as noted there seems to be an error in the file as the date of leaving the force seems to precede his assignment to Green Street

He married Elizabeth Griffith of Julianstown on 22 Nov 1880.

He moved to Sackville Gardens -No 4 - in 1887.

The couple had six children - Christopher, Patrick, William ( Liam) , Mary, Joseph and Leo.

The eldest is listed in the 1911 census as living in No 5 Sackville Gardens.

Patrick Ring died in 1913 and Elizabeth in 1925( co-incidentally on their wedding anniversary).

Two other points to note - the four sons all fought in the GPO in 1916 and were interned afterwards.

Liam O Rinn became chief translator in Dail Eireann and was a noted Irish scholar - he also translated the National Anthem from its original English into Irish.

Offline Nuala Finnegan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 23 December 12 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Catherine, My great great grandfather was Patrick Ring born in Kilkenny, joined DMP and moved to Dublin and lived in 4 Sackville Gardens.  His children were Christopher, Patrick, Liam, Leo, Joseph and Elizabeth Mary.  His son Patrick moved to Bray after marriage and returned to 6 Sackville Gardens at some stage.  His son Christopher lived at 5 Sackville Gardens.  His son Joseph lived at 24 Clonmore Terrace, Ballybough, Dublin.  His son Liam lived on the Seafield Road in Clontarf.  Think this is the same Patrick you are referring to but what is your connection?  Patrick Junior was my grandfather and my mother is Elizabeth Ring.

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 24 December 12 10:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nuala
Long time since I was on here so I'll have to recall from memory. 

You are correct with your information on the Ring family.

Elizabeth Griffith from Julianstown who married Patrick Ring in 1880 was my husband's great aunt.  Her brother William Griffith also born in Julianstown, married twice in Dublin, his 2nd wife was my husband's great grandmother Esther Smyth.  William died in 2004 leaving 9 children who all stayed in Dublin throughout their lives.  William Griffith was a carpenter initially but then went on to head up the many family businesses including property shops and pubs which enabled them to live a very good life.

Maybe we could let each other have access family trees.  Do you have a website where you have your tree?
Catherine
ps. I was actually in Danesfort just a couple months ago!

Offline Nuala Finnegan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 24 December 12 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Catherine, do have a family tree but is is on paper.  The information gleaned here has filled in many gaps and searching the census there is plenty to add in.  Will have a look at it over christmas as my other is staying here with me.  I was born in Birmingham, England but now live in Castlecomer.  My mother has photographs back in Dublin of Elizabeth and her three brothers also.
Where are you living?

Be in touch.

Regards, Nuala

Offline Nuala Finnegan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 24 December 12 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Catherine, speaking to mother today about Elizabeth Griffith and she says very little is known about her apart from she was from Meath and a different town to Julianstown but I trust your research which I have also followed this evening.  Do you know if Patrick's father in Danesfort had any other siblings as Castlecomer where I live has a number of Ring families and I have a funny feeling that we are all somehow connected.  A friend who carries out work for all of them asked them years back and they said no, but somehow I think the Kilkenny location and similarity of naming children is too much of a coincidence.  This is all new to me but between working, family and completing a degree it all got sidelined.  Have a cousin in Dublin whose is researching along with a couple of others too according to mother.  Will try and put together what I have and let you have that.  One question the William Griffith who passed in 2004, is he the son of Elizabeth's brother William, or her brother, if the latter what year was he born?