Author Topic: Hamil burials?  (Read 8599 times)

Offline jay2401

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hamil burials?
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 18:54 BST (UK) »
Hi MMCC12

Good to find another member of the Hamill Clan. Hope your keeping well BiscuitTin - need to still send you the photos I got from my aunt.

M - are you still in the Glasgow area? Have a good amount of information on the Hamill Tree, happy to send onto you, including Denis army records showing his service in the Boer War.

J

Offline MMCC12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 19:15 BST (UK) »
Hi all

it is great to finally get some information on Denis and the Hamill family. I live in Belfast. My mum (Denis's grand daughter) moved here after her parents died and her granny Margaret Keenan moved back here just before she died and is buried in Belfast. She didnt know much about the Hamill side of the family but did speak about Agnes and a Cathy Hamill both of whom grew up in Glasgow and i think I may have met them as a small child.

I am new to this site so once I find out how it works I can send you a copy of Denis's marriage certyificate if you want.

M

Offline BiscuitTin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 19:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Jay2401
Sorry for the radio silence from Cape Town, super hectic over here. Would love to see the photos (and so would my Aunt).
Still need to get you the Devlin part of the family tree (incl JG) for you to add on, will do that.

MMCC12, I'm in SA so if there's an Boer War related stuff you want done I might have access to places over here that aren't online, let me know.

Aghadowey....what's the Rootschat record for most parts of a family reunited on a thread? We're up to 4 at the moment, that's got to be worth a prize hasn't it? ;D

BiscuitTin
Quinn: Belfast, Devlin: Tyrone, Murray, Gorman, Hamill, Keely
Davenport: Cheshire and Cape Town, Whitfield, Dingle

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 19:46 BST (UK) »
Aghadowey....what's the Rootschat record for most parts of a family reunited on a thread? We're up to 4 at the moment, that's got to be worth a prize hasn't it? ;D

BiscuitTin

Not even close to being a record  ;)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jay2401

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 23:35 BST (UK) »

No problems, loads going on this side of the pond therefore family tree been put on the back burner most of the year.  Moving to Oz in 5 weeks, so glad to find more before I go. 

M - if you reply, then that takes you to 3 posts and then we can PM.  I have a copy of Denis marriage, along with the birth certificates for most of his children - if you want a copy.  Along with the rest of the Hamill Clan.

Denis's brother Edward was my gr gr grandfather, he moved to Armagh in 1904.

J

Offline jay2401

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 23:40 BST (UK) »
M - I also have the names of Margaret Keenan's parents if you need them.  Just checking with you that Margaret remarried as on her son's John marriage certificate it gives her surname as Meechan (nee Hamill).

J

Offline MMCC12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 09 May 12 19:07 BST (UK) »

Hi

BiscuitTin - thanks for the offer. Until I read the chats I didnt know Denis served in the War. I was speaking to my Uncle (Denis' grandson - Elizabeth's son) and it was a surprise to him also.

Jay2401 - Yes  she was always referred to as Granny Meechan. She had one son Joe, who was a lot younger than Elizabeth and John, and was brought up like an older brother to my mum and uncle. He stayed in Glasgow were most of his family still are.

Offline JEWB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 19 September 17 16:26 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I realise this thread is now probably dead. But I have just started investigating my family tree and I believe your trees may intersect mine  :)

Robert Hamill is my 3rd great grandfather. My 2nd great grandmother being Georgina Hamill the Daughter of Robert Hamill and Mary Shearer.

BiscuitTin if you have a picture of Robert Hamill that would be excellent if you don't mind sharing it these things are always hard to come across.

If anyone else has any information on this line it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline BiscuitTin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 21 September 17 08:43 BST (UK) »
Hi JEWB
Welcome to Rootschat and the Greater Hamill family. Happy to send you a picture of Robert. You'll need to private message me though to exchange email addresses and I think you need 3 posts to do that (not sure if the rules are still the same). Post 2 more bits of info on the Hamills that you have and then you'll be able to do it.
Quinn: Belfast, Devlin: Tyrone, Murray, Gorman, Hamill, Keely
Davenport: Cheshire and Cape Town, Whitfield, Dingle