Author Topic: MacIntyre  (Read 11788 times)

Offline flyderaght

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: MacIntyre
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 04 October 11 18:39 BST (UK) »
right thread this time :) is it possible James was a brother to Angus/s father? no evidence, but you never know.
marc

Offline Mackiwi

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Per Ardua
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 04 October 11 20:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Marc,
Could Angus and James have been siblings?? According to the death of Angus he was 73 when he died, that would make his birth around 1784, and I see you have James birth as 1796.

Another interesting thing, Angus' parents were named as Duncan McIntyre & Mary Campbell. and you have a Duncan McIntyre on your tree.

Duncan is not a name carried through Angus' family, but he had a son named Dugal.

Have you been able to pinpoint where James was born?
MCINTYRE, TAYLOR, DUNCAN Skipness & NTHKnapdale
CAMPBELL,MCKINNON,MCDONALD ,Isle of Coll
MCINTYRE,CAMPBELL, Isle of Bute
MCMILLAN Rutherglen, Scotland
PERRIN, STEPHENS,PAYNE,FEAKINS,PREECE,DUDSON, Endland, Australia & New Zealand
BASON, Potterspury, England
MASON Potterspury England
HENSON, Potterspury England & New Zealand
WYBROW, England, Australia & New Zealand
WHITE Sri Lanka & new Zealand
TRAILL, America & New Zealand
MACGREGOR, LOCKHART, STEPHENSON,MCKELVIE, Scotland

Offline flyderaght

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 06 October 11 04:00 BST (UK) »
It is a possibility. I only have as far back as James though.
Marc

Offline Island lass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 25 March 15 10:35 GMT (UK) »
I've come a bit late to this but I believe my grandfather is the Angus.  He was Angus Macphail MACINTYRE, born January 1897 - moved to glasgow and died in 1963. I know he came from a big family and had a brother hugh.

Offline flyderaght

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 25 March 15 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Island Lass. :) There are quite a few of the McIntyres I am still coming across actually. Was your Angus born on Arran then? If so who were his parents? 

Mackiwi, my apologies for not getting back to you much sooner. Unfortunately health issues came up last fall and sidelined me. Your thoughts intrigue me actually. Nobody seems to know a whole lot about James and such. Seems to be a rather large brick wall. I will send you my email via PM. perhaps we can exchange notes?

Island lass, perhaps we can help each other also.

Marc

Offline jojo1973

• RootsChat Extra
  • nalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 22 September 15 21:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Island Lass! Have been looking for Angus for a long time now!! I have just been in touch with Hugh's granddaughter (Thanks to this site!) and just today confirmed that he is brother to my great grandmother Christina (Tina Belle) MacIntyre McClinton and i can also confirm that your Angus is their brother as well(I just found his birth record on Scotland's People and all info you have posted matches!) McPhail was his mothers maiden name..Did he by chance have a son Peter?( My mother and aunts talked about my grandmas cousin Peter and possibly a Doris? visiting them in Ohio in maybe the 60's...) I have a little on the family and i as well as(im sure) Hugh's granddaughter would love to corrospond! (P.S. finding all this info in one day has my head spinning!! Have been working on the MacIntyres for years :)
McClinton,MacIntyre,West,Cohen,Kampel,Orton,Overbey,Bareswilt,Howell,Watson

Offline Island lass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 23 September 15 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hi there Jojo, and what a lovely surprise for me!  Yes, it is your missing Angus.  He had 3 sons - my dad, Peter and Angus.  Peter and his wife Doris emigrated to America in 1957 - Chicago.  Sadly Peter died in 1971, quite young.  My dad was the only one to have children - 2.  I would love to keep in touch with you and Hugh's grandaughter - it's been a long time since I've had contact with my grandad's family!  We are all still based in Scotland.

Offline jojo1973

• RootsChat Extra
  • nalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 25 September 15 03:42 BST (UK) »
So good to hear from you! Would you inbox me your email address? I tried to PM you but says your inbox is full :) We have some photos of your grandfathers siblings that you may like copies of!
McClinton,MacIntyre,West,Cohen,Kampel,Orton,Overbey,Bareswilt,Howell,Watson

Offline Island lass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 27 September 15 14:52 BST (UK) »
Will do. That sounds great!  Absolutely delighted to be in contact as we lost a lot of family photos etc following a fire.  My daughter is keen to find out about her roots!