Author Topic: Charles Boniface deceased in Canada?  (Read 16311 times)

Offline cookie1975

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Boniface deceased in Canada?
« Reply #36 on: Friday 14 October 11 21:35 BST (UK) »
Oh I see. I have seen the record for Charles Boniface 1892 and his mother Alice is mentioned as his next of kin. The photo I found stated that Charles was married to a Nina and thought maybe she would have been entered on the record as his next of kin, unless it was done before he married.. Sorry I will look back at your posts again. Thanks J.J

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 14 October 11 21:41 BST (UK) »
actually I think it was her burial which I found first that made me curious, and when I saw it was a Charles followed through... think I found this captioned photo next from their wedding...( her real name was Jemima )
http://scaa.usask.ca/gallery/war/training.html  There is a larger photo here if you want to compare?
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0fn4/  When I saw your man in uniform I did look back at it and thought your Charles was too old to be the same person, lying about his age but you can look closely...
ah, yes, and a memorial called him Charles Frederick which matched a 1892 portsea birth, thus ruling him out as your man fibbing...
so now that we have mentioned him I'll leave a poppy to honour him as a ww2 fallen and possible Home Child

( Note for those searching, the Charles Boniface in the last few replies is not the same man for whom the thread/query is searching)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline cookie1975

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 14 October 11 22:43 BST (UK) »
I'm just searching his name in every site I can. I didn't realise he was the same one you had found. Love all the info J.J, fascinating to read through even though it's not Charles b.1880. You certainly know your stuff. Thanks again.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 15 October 11 00:09 BST (UK) »
I suppose I know how to "look through" stuff... MY stuff is what I probably DON'T know  ;D
 ...also may have been told on the odd occasion to GET stuffed... :P  ;D ( Turkey reference left-over from Thanksgiving)...J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline mwhitecr

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 02 March 15 13:37 GMT (UK) »
My mother and I lived with Sarah Cudlip Robins for a few years until her death in 1945. She lived  at 5 Bruce Grove, Orpington