Author Topic: Ryton Parish registers  (Read 12503 times)

Offline RenateLuise

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ryton Parish registers
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 15 August 15 02:28 BST (UK) »
Hello Boo and patrexjax,
Thank you again for your input and especially the advice re finding records at familysearch.
So I take it that Michael is the 3rd son and not a daughter of Michael Young sr. It suits me better  ;D

Thank you and good night from my adopted country Ireland  :)
Renate

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 15 August 15 02:28 BST (UK) »
Whalton:

Isabella Potts baptised 10 Mar 1765 daur of the late John Potts, Newham Edge

I couldn't find a burial for him in Whalton for 1764 or 65

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RenateLuise

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 15 August 15 02:36 BST (UK) »
Hello Janis,

Thank you for your replies.
Now I am once again confused  :-\
I will look at what you found more closely tomorrow - my brain is fried now.

Cheers,
Renate

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 15 August 15 02:45 BST (UK) »
hmm, I looked at the BT images again and am REALLY confused now

BT images have Mary born July 14 1797, baptised Feb 18 1798.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01fwt/

Janis, were you offering Mary as an 'extra' (without dates)

OR were you saying that the entry on the fiche for the birth of 30 November 1799 and baptised 7 September 1800 IS the one for Mary?

I get the feeling she was an extra bonus and that the BT image for Michael is correct (other than whoever wrote the transcript said daughter rather than son)

and now I am off to bed, he he even my insomnia has limits :-)

Boo

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 15 August 15 03:09 BST (UK) »
This is probably him looking at how many children they have had by 1797

Ovingham:

Michael Young baptised 28 Dec 1761 son of Michael and Mary

This is from the IGI my fiche doesn't start that early and the BT's start in 1762 :-\ so I couldn't say where in Ovingham he was born.  There were 2 other siblings in the 1760's but the BT's skip from 1762-1769 and they fall between those.

Marriage Ovingham:

Michael Young of the parish of Stamfordham and Isabella Potts of this parish by banns 28 Sep 1788   This means that banns were read in Stamfordham and Ovingham.  It does not mean that Michael was born there--only living there at the time nor was Isabella born necessarily in Ovingham--only residing there.

One of the daughter's of Michael and Isabella was baptised in Ovingham:  Grace Young daughter of Michael and Isabella of Wylam Wood 30 May 1790

I will keep looking--it is early in the evening for me.

I corrected/edited the Mary one--yes it was an additional child.  I always look at siblings as sometimes you get different information or additional information.

Burials Ryton that are probably this family.

Michael Young died Winlaton Mill, buried 19 Jun 1832, age 71  [fits the 1761 birth]
Isabella Young died Kyo, buried 15 May 1827, age 63
Another Isabella Young who was buried 30 Apr 1814 of Stella, age 37 but I don't think this was Michael's wife.

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gen List Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Jane ANDERSON nee DODD, 2 x g grandmother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 15 August 15 09:44 BST (UK) »
Renate

I'm not sure why all this searching has been based around Ryton, a parish I'm very familiar with, as my grandparents families came from there.

As Michael Young was presumably in England for the 1841-1871 census, at least three of them would give his place of birth. That is the first step I would take, to examine all those census.

Alternatively his marriage certificate would give his fathers name and occupation.

Good luck
Gen in NBL England
UK - Northumberland, County Durham: ANDERSON,   DODD(S), EDWARDS, ELLIOTT/ELLET, FENWICK, GREY/GRAY, HINDMARCH and variants, JORDAN, MOORE, MURRAY, RIPPON, RODDHAM, RYDER-TURNER, SPARK(E)(S), STEWART, TILLEY, TIPLADY, WATSON,
Sheffield: TURNER
Middlesex: RYDER
<br />Aberdeenshire: EDWARDS, BRODIE<br />Angus STEWART, DIXON, PETRIE

Offline RenateLuise

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 15 August 15 10:40 BST (UK) »
Hello Gen

I have ordered the 1838 marriage certificate for Michael Young from GRO UK and am waiting for it to arrive.
I know he died in Berlin in 1876. If you have access to ancestry his death certificate is there, in German. (I wanted to insert a hyperlink but failed, I cannot find the box where I could insert the very long link  :-[ )
However, I just notice a discrepancy. In his death record his age is recorded as 66 years, but in a private family tree his age is given as 77. This might have lead me to look for the wrong Michael Young. Strange coincidence, though, that there is indeed a Michael Young in the Bishop's List who could be the one. 
I need to find out what other evidence / source is there to support his birth in 1799.

Thank you all for your great help, I will report back when I have the marriage cert in hand.

Cheers
Renate

Offline Gen List Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Jane ANDERSON nee DODD, 2 x g grandmother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 15 August 15 20:49 BST (UK) »
Renate

That will give you a firmer base to start from, then you can work back step by step.

That the wedding took place in Woking(ham) Berkshire infers that was possibly the brides parish. Kingston as a possible birthplace for Michael is a problem as I know of at least 4 in England.

There is a racecourse at Berlin and its history is here:
http://trainermagazine.com/articles/2013/8/6/hoppegarten-racecourse-a-history-of-the-german-racecourse

It even mentions English trainers arriving there but that was a bit late for your Michael in 1871.

Do you know when he left England and if he had any children before he left?

Gen in NBL England
UK - Northumberland, County Durham: ANDERSON,   DODD(S), EDWARDS, ELLIOTT/ELLET, FENWICK, GREY/GRAY, HINDMARCH and variants, JORDAN, MOORE, MURRAY, RIPPON, RODDHAM, RYDER-TURNER, SPARK(E)(S), STEWART, TILLEY, TIPLADY, WATSON,
Sheffield: TURNER
Middlesex: RYDER
<br />Aberdeenshire: EDWARDS, BRODIE<br />Angus STEWART, DIXON, PETRIE

Offline RenateLuise

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 15 August 15 22:15 BST (UK) »
Hello Gen,

Thank you very much for the link to the Hoppegarten Racecourse which I had not seen before.
This is actually the reason why I am trying to gather the vital records for Michael Young. I am helping a non-English speaking researcher/ friend to unearth details of the lives and deaths of the English (and American) contingent of racehorse trainers and jockeys, and their families, many of whom are buried in Berlin-Dahlwitz where Hoppegarten is situated.

As to my assumption that the racehorse trainer Michael "Joachim" (?) Young was born in Ryton in 1799 I am pretty certain now that a mistake slipped into the family tree. His estimated date of birth  is most likely end of 1809. The marriage certificate will hopefully clear this up.
I went through the 1800 census lists, but so far have not found a possible match :(

BTW, I am not a professional genealogist - just someone who has great fun in searching and finding records and helping others while the research into my own family history has hit a brick wall (records lost or destroyed during WWII).

Cheers
Renate