Author Topic: Ryton Parish registers  (Read 12470 times)

Offline RenateLuise

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ryton Parish registers
« Reply #36 on: Monday 31 August 15 23:04 BST (UK) »
Hello Boo,

Thank you for your further input. I have found the baptism entry for Michael Young!

Cheers
Renate

Offline Hobartian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 17:49 BST (UK) »
Hope someone can help with the Ryton Parish registers for a Robert Middleton born about 1764 to possibly John Middleton.  I checked Family Search but the registers only go back to 1765.  I went through a few to see if there were any other Middleton baptisms after 1765 but gave up after a few years (including marriages and burials).  Robert Middleton was listed in Tynemouth registers for baptism of children (eg. William Mawman Middleton, 1799) and it clearly states Robert was a native of Ryton. He was living in North Shields after 1789 with Jane Beall, his wife. Wondering if possible father John married elsewhere but moved to Ryton.  Haven't checked to see if there is a death for him in the registers but will go through it. Any assistance with Robert  Middleton or any other Middletons in Ryton would be appreciated.

Offline Gen List Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Jane ANDERSON nee DODD, 2 x g grandmother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 19:36 BST (UK) »
Hobartian

see my reply on p1.

I also now have the burials on CD. None in Ryton between 1618-1833, no Roberts or Johns. The transcripts available go back to 1581.

See http://www.archersoftware.co.uk/igi/fs-dur.htm#R                 for Ryton IGI

Gen in NBL England
UK - Northumberland, County Durham: ANDERSON,   DODD(S), EDWARDS, ELLIOTT/ELLET, FENWICK, GREY/GRAY, HINDMARCH and variants, JORDAN, MOORE, MURRAY, RIPPON, RODDHAM, RYDER-TURNER, SPARK(E)(S), STEWART, TILLEY, TIPLADY, WATSON,
Sheffield: TURNER
Middlesex: RYDER
<br />Aberdeenshire: EDWARDS, BRODIE<br />Angus STEWART, DIXON, PETRIE

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 21:10 BST (UK) »
Hope someone can help with the Ryton Parish registers for a Robert Middleton born about 1764 to possibly John Middleton.

I loked at Durham Records online which has Ryton baptisms 1581 - 1867, no Robert Middleton in these records.

Nearest I got searching for Robert Middleton 1764 +/- 5 years  on that site was 

St. Nicholas,Durham City
18 Nov 1767 Robert Middleton, son of William Middleton

Boo

Offline Hobartian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 12 July 18 03:15 BST (UK) »
Hobartian

see my reply on p1.

I also now have the burials on CD. None in Ryton between 1618-1833, no Roberts or Johns. The transcripts available go back to 1581.

See http://www.archersoftware.co.uk/igi/fs-dur.htm#R                 for Ryton IGI

Gen in NBL England

Thank you for checking - I looked the the Ryton marriages and may have one lead I can follow so hopefully it pans out.

Offline Hobartian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 12 July 18 03:18 BST (UK) »
Hope someone can help with the Ryton Parish registers for a Robert Middleton born about 1764 to possibly John Middleton.

I loked at Durham Records online which has Ryton baptisms 1581 - 1867, no Robert Middleton in these records.

Nearest I got searching for Robert Middleton 1764 +/- 5 years  on that site was 

St. Nicholas,Durham City
18 Nov 1767 Robert Middleton, son of William Middleton

Boo
 Thank you for checking - I will look into the St Nicholas lead.  It is possible the 1764 birth year was approximate; it was listed on Robert's marriage reg. No confirmation on father's name.

Offline Hobartian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 13 July 18 00:13 BST (UK) »
I have baptisms starting at 1748-1812

Janis
Hope you are still able to look up baptisms in Ryton - trying to find a Robert Middleton supposedly native of Ryton (per 2 baptism certs of his children), marriage cert stated birth year 1764. Looking for any Middletons (and variations of that name around 1700-1780) in and around Ryton). No parent information but ended up in North Shields, married 1789 to Elizabeth Beall, Tynemouth.