Author Topic: Longworth-Dames Ballyburly  (Read 8024 times)

Offline hope1986

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Longworth-Dames Ballyburly
« on: Monday 29 August 11 23:13 BST (UK) »
hi, this is probably a long shot but would anyone know if there are an records left for the staff of Thomas Longworth-dames, Justice of the peace and deputy lieutenant in the early 1900s, it looks possible that my Great great grandparents met while working for him around 1902. It looks like there were two longworth-dames families one living in Greenhill and the other in Ballyburly.

thanks
Duffy-Offaly, Duffy-Scotland, Kelly-wicklow, Lynam-Meath,Donnelly-cavan, Costello-Wicklow, Burke/Bourke-Wicklow, Hughes-Dublin, Creedon-Glasgow, Scollan-Glasgow

Offline amur78

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Longworth-Dames Ballyburly
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 September 11 12:54 BST (UK) »
Hello, I also have ancestors who worked for them in Ballyburly in 1901, they seem to be gone by 1911 so am not sure what happened to them. I haven't been able to find anything further so would be delighted if there are any staff records etc held....

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 September 11 20:34 BST (UK) »
www.sallysfamilyplace.com/Wheeler/longwr3.htm

has Longworth Dames family history.

Jack

Offline hope1986

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 September 11 12:22 BST (UK) »
thanks a million sean,will have a look at that later
Duffy-Offaly, Duffy-Scotland, Kelly-wicklow, Lynam-Meath,Donnelly-cavan, Costello-Wicklow, Burke/Bourke-Wicklow, Hughes-Dublin, Creedon-Glasgow, Scollan-Glasgow

Offline hope1986

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 17 September 11 12:23 BST (UK) »
Hello, I also have ancestors who worked for them in Ballyburly in 1901, they seem to be gone by 1911 so am not sure what happened to them. I haven't been able to find anything further so would be delighted if there are any staff records etc held....

hi there were 2 longworth-dames familes, i think the older of the men had passed away by 1911 but the other family is still there

Offline amur78

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 17 September 11 20:10 BST (UK) »
Yeah I saw that alright, my ancestors were Hughes based in Greenhills, I see from OS maps that the old house seems to be still there... but who lives in it now I haven't been able to find out.

Offline Tommy Murphy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 10 May 17 19:53 BST (UK) »
Strangely I have some records of the staff during the 1901 Census.  My Great Great Grandgather Christopher Murphy was the butler working on March 31st with one his son Christopher Patrick Murphy who was 15 years old and a Page.  I know later another son James Murphy - my great Grandfather was the Butler and Christopher Patrick was second in charge.  They emigrated to America later after family lore said the house was burned down.