Author Topic: trying to find family of clancy  (Read 9474 times)

Offline rosewood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: trying to find family of clancy
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 October 13 03:56 BST (UK) »
Not sure if this is of any help to you or not.

My great grandmother was Mary Clancy McKiernan. She was married to Bryan McKiernan. They lived in the district of Manorhamilton, Drumkeeran, on the townland of Mullaghbaun. They can be found in Griffith's Valuation.   According to a copy of Mary's death records, she died at the age of 63, therefore she was born 1821. (Bryan b. 1814, based on his death record.) My maternal grandfather, James, was next to the last of their children, having been born in 1865.

A few of Bryan and Mary's children married people by the name of Lyons and Gallagher - siblings marrying siblings!

Wondering if your Clancy could be related to my Great Grandmother.
McKERNAN/McKIERNAN in Co. Antrim and Co. Leitrim
McALLISTER in Co. Antrim
MULDOWNEY in Co. Kilkenny
KEARNEY in Co. Louth

Offline Mary ann deans

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 July 14 17:24 BST (UK) »
Hi
My mum lived in  till she moved to Scotland, and I remember as a child and auntie Bridie Clancy coming to see us as children maybe the same person, she came from near my mum in

Offline rosewood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 23 July 14 20:34 BST (UK) »
My Great Grandmother, Mary Clancy McKiernan, was born much earlier than the Clancys you speak of.  She was born about 1821.  She is the only Clancy that I know for sure I have.  I'm not familiar with any other Clancys.  I know in Griffiths Valuation there is a Martin Clancy, but I can't be sure if this might be her father, or brother. I only took note of it as the name Martin has been handed down in my family.
McKERNAN/McKIERNAN in Co. Antrim and Co. Leitrim
McALLISTER in Co. Antrim
MULDOWNEY in Co. Kilkenny
KEARNEY in Co. Louth