Author Topic: Agnes Hendry Kerr Smith 1895 Larbert mystery.  (Read 4786 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Agnes Hendry Kerr Smith 1895 Larbert mystery.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 February 13 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alison and Carol

If you want to exchange more personal details you can always use the Personal Message service (PMs). Just click on the small note/letter button under either of your usernames on the l/h side and this will take you straight there. It is pretty straightforward and works like all message services.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline creamolafoam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 March 13 12:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monica

Thanks for reminding me about how to 'personal message' someone on Roots Chat again. I had forgotten how to do it. Good when you make contact with a family connection.

Still looking for whereabouts of Agnes Henry Kerr Smith born 1895 Larbert Stirlingshire, after her marriage to Arthur Andrew Preston in Possilpark in 1917. They both worked in the munitions or 'shell factory' at that time. 1911 census has her aged 15working in same factory as her father at Carron Iron Foundry,in Stirlingshire Scotland.  Can find no death record,divorce or children for her after
1917?  Carol >:(

Offline Bertiesmum63

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 October 15 01:48 BST (UK) »
Hello
Regarding Agnes, I am the Granddaughter of her son Donald Arthur Preston born 2.2.1920 He returned with his father Arthur Preston to England and he never saw his Mother or sister Marie ever again and spend his whole life trying to find them. He sadly passed away in 2003. My family would love to be able to fill in the blanks about what happened to his mum and sister. We do not even know if Agnes and Arthur divorced.