Author Topic: Inishmore-O'Rourke & O'Malley  (Read 10522 times)

Offline Mary Theresa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Inishmore-O'Rourke & O'Malley
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 20:49 BST (UK) »
Monica I am wondering now since I posted my message earlier,  are we cousins as we have same g grandparents?
My grandfather was also a lighthouse keeper, Cecil Stocker on Aran (married Eileen Lynch, sister to Ciss).  My mum was born in Kilronan with other siblings, so I'm wondering who your mum & dad are? I hope you get this. Mary T

Offline DOC1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 June 15 05:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary Theresa and Georgieknits!

I had sent personal messages to you both a while ago but didn't notice you hadn't enough posts to receive this. I think you have to have posted 3 times. Anyway,I have posted this in order to complete my husbands tree. His name is Philip Docherty. His grandfather was Stephen Lynch, brother to Ciss and  Mary Ellen (and the rest!).Stephen went to Scotland and married a girl from Donegal called Mary Carroll.We live in Australia but have been to The Aran islands. We met Ciss then and Harry Stocker and his wife happened to be there . Is he your uncle?

If either of you post again, I can send a personal message with more info.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Monica :)

Offline Mary Theresa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 04 June 15 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Monica
wow..good to make contact, thank u for your post..Yes Harry Stocker is my uncle, sadly he passed away last month.  So your husbands grandfather would be my great uncle and sister to my grandmother Eileen Stocker.
It does get confusing as we appear 2b a large family.  And I can offically now say we have family in Ausi... :-)
Many years ago I did venture out to the USA to catch up with family but never made it to Ausi. Peter my  partner's daughter Anna has just spent the last 8 months travelling around Ausi and really loved it.   Pete & I will b on aran in september. Sadly my mum (Maura Stocker) cant travel so far these days but she talks fondly about those days on aran. I would like very much to keep in touch.  If yhers an easier way to contact one another please let me know. Look forward to hearing fm u soon. And thank u for yr message.
Mary T :-)

Offline DOC1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 13 June 15 06:53 BST (UK) »
Mary Theresa,

I sent you a personal message.

Monica