Author Topic: Glos Archives & Glos Family History Society  (Read 6207 times)

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Glos Archives & Glos Family History Society
« on: Tuesday 06 September 11 20:05 BST (UK) »
I offer free lookups @ Glos Archives and/or Glos Family History Society. Kindly stick to "who", "what", "where" and "when". Family histories usually confuse a lookup request.
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline eeyorejudith

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Glos Archives & Glos Family History Society
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 September 11 08:30 BST (UK) »
i am looking for edward william chedzoy

Offline Pejic

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 September 11 09:37 BST (UK) »
If you could find for me any relationships from the will of Moses Clark, a baker in Gloucester (Freeman 1729), who died between 1746 and 1761, I would be forever in your debt.
Richard Wernham (Berkshire 18th century),
William Hissey (1805 to 1813, Hampstead Norris),
Kapirin (Siberia 19th Century),
Kitching 1850,
Mary Howse born 1806 ish,
Chris Truelove marr. John Pocock 2-7-1696, Kintbury, Berks

Offline scooby228

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 September 11 10:16 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am looking for a Death Date for Emma Morgan SHEPHERD B: 26 May 1876
Winchcomb Gloucestershire Vol. 6a Page 411

The last time I could find her is on the 1911 Census Broadway, Gloucestershire at Leamington Road with Grandmother - Emma Shepherd aged 36 (single). The cottage only has 3 rooms (that includes bedroom/s living room and kitchen)

Her Grandmother Mary Anne Shepherd Died in Eversham Worcestershire Aged 95 23 Feb 1930 and was living at     5 Avonside Hampton, Evesham - H Damen - Occupier (NO SIGN OF Emma Morgan Shepherd)

There was another Emma Morgan Shepherd that died in Kent (this would have been a cousin aged 4 years)

Regards

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 09 September 11 11:32 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am looking for a Death Date for Emma Morgan SHEPHERD B: 26 May 1876
Winchcomb Gloucestershire Vol. 6a Page 411

The last time I could find her is on the 1911 Census Broadway, Gloucestershire at Leamington Road with Grandmother - Emma Shepherd aged 36 (single). The cottage only has 3 rooms (that includes bedroom/s living room and kitchen)

Her Grandmother Mary Anne Shepherd Died in Eversham Worcestershire Aged 95 23 Feb 1930 and was living at     5 Avonside Hampton, Evesham - H Damen - Occupier (NO SIGN OF Emma Morgan Shepherd)

There was another Emma Morgan Shepherd that died in Kent (this would have been a cousin aged 4 years)

Regards

I can't really help you! I do lookups for Gloucestershire. My advice is to search through
the marriages for Worcestershire on FreeBMD. I had a quick look and there are quite a
few that it could be. It's just a matter of a process of elimination with GRO. If you just give the year, place, and father's name you can eliminate the non-starters, but eventually you should find her marriage. They won't charge you if they don't find the certificate you are looking for. Failing that, it's a matter of trying the death entries and quoting her name and date of birth.
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway