Author Topic: Victoria BC - Obituary look up, please  (Read 2175 times)

Offline gillybilly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Victoria BC - Obituary look up, please
« on: Tuesday 06 September 11 22:23 BST (UK) »
I have been able to establish the following deaths all in Victoria, British Columbia. They are nearly all buried/ commemorated in Royal Oak Burial Park, Victoria.
I wonder if there is someone able to find any obituaries for the following people.

Pleasant Redding b 16 Feb 1866 Chesham, England; d. 24 June 1949 Victoria BC (Age 83)
Elsie Price b 21 Feb 1895 Chesham, England;   d. 26 Feb 1972 Victoria BC (Age77)
Rose Dorothy Violet Boyd b. 23 Dec 1913 Laura, Saskatchewan; d. 3 Feb 1983 Victoria BC (age 69)
Henry Goodliffe Price b. 9 Dec 1892 England; d. 2 July 1968 Victoria (Central Saanich) BC (age 75)

Thanks!
Redding/Reading - Chesham, Bucks,Saskatchewan, Victoria BC
Wells, Newton, Bowden, Penn, Aris, Thompson,  Birch (all Bucks)
Lardner -Gloucs
Clarke, Grafton Clarke, -Stamford. Lincs
Hadfield - Derbyshire
Shinton - Kinver and Monmouthshire
Dorey, Whittington - Sussex

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Victoria BC - Obituary look up, please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 September 11 06:52 BST (UK) »
If no one here has access to Victoria newspapers, the Victoria Public Library may be able to help do obituary look-ups especially since you do have the dates of death. Here's a link to their website's contact page:
http://www.gvpl.ca/about-the-library/contact-us/

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline gillybilly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 September 11 10:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jacquie, that seems like a good idea. Will send them an email and see how I get on.
Lardner -Gloucs
Hadfield - Derbyshire

Offline Linda L Bilow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 May 17 05:06 BST (UK) »
The people mentioned are relatives of mine via my grandpa Edward R Hunt who was married to Anne Weslak. Im  looking for more info on any of the family and would like to connect with other family members

Pleasant Redding b 16 Feb 1866 Chesham, England; d. 24 June 1949 Victoria BC (Age 83)
Elsie Price b 21 Feb 1895 Chesham, England;   d. 26 Feb 1972 Victoria BC (Age77)
Rose Dorothy Violet Boyd b. 23 Dec 1913 Laura, Saskatchewan; d. 3 Feb 1983 Victoria BC (age 69)
Henry Goodliffe Price b. 9 Dec 1892 England; d. 2 July 1968 Victoria (Central Saanich) BC (age 75)

Offline gillybilly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 May 17 09:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Linda and welcome to Rootschat. Edward R. Hunt is my relative by marriage, as his father Edward Hunt married Sarah Kate Redding in 1911. My connection is through Pleasant Wells who was my great aunt, sister to my grandfather Frederick Wells. I live in the UK and was born a few miles from Chesham.
I am in touch with a number of the Canadian relatives, so will get in touch with them and make them aware of your post and see where we go from there.
Lardner -Gloucs
Hadfield - Derbyshire

Offline Linda L Bilow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 23 May 17 05:55 BST (UK) »
I've added a pic of Pleasant and Nathan Redding on their 60th Anniversary on June 12 1946. I've got a few more family pics even some taken of my grandfather Edward Hunt while he was stationed in England during WW 2. Here is some currently family history on Edward Hunt. He and Anne had three children Don and a set of faternal twins Cathy and my mother Carole. Don has two daughters, one grandson and two grand children. Cathy has one son and one daughter but I dont know how many grandchildren. My mother has two daughters my sister who is born in 1969 and myself born in 1972. My sister has three daughters and one grandson. I have two sons and one granddaughter.
So my grandfather's family came from Chesham England ? I've never been out of Canada but learning a lot of the family history since I have a lot time on my hands.

Offline gillybilly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 14 June 17 11:46 BST (UK) »
Glad to hear you are enjoying finding out about your family. Sorry for the delay in replying as I have been away and am about to go away again. Thank you for posting the picture of Pleasant and Nathan. I have seen this before but thanks anyway. Pleasant was my great aunt and I was born not far from Chesham. I do have quite a lot of information about the family and have been in touch with other family members in Canada for some time who I was able to locate through Pleasant's obituary. It would be useful to know what information you would like to find out about, as I can see you already have information from the Canadian side of the family, and don't want to duplicate what you already have. Pleasant was one of seven children. My father was George William Wells b 24th May 1900 and died on 9th June 1984. His father was Frederick Wells born on 18th Feb 1876 and died in 1957 in Northchurch. He was a cobbler, and was Pleasant's brother.
Lardner -Gloucs
Hadfield - Derbyshire

Offline Linda L Bilow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 14 June 17 23:06 BST (UK) »
I'd be so greatful for any info you have and willing to share. As I will share it with my family as you could say I'm a family history researcher. I'm not only doing my grandpa Edward Hunt's side, but his wife Anne Irene Weselak. Also my birthdad's family including three branches of his family. Wish I could include my email as that would be easier for me. I've got a bunch of old photos I will post when i go through them. Safe travels