Author Topic: anne davies nee blower  (Read 3078 times)

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
anne davies nee blower
« on: Wednesday 07 September 11 13:04 BST (UK) »
can anyone help in finding anne blower, she married richard davies mar 19th 1855 st georges chapel parish of st chads shrewsbury.  she was born abt 1829.  richard was christened july 1828 in st georges pontesbury.  they lived in pontesbury

am i getting mixed up with the two st georges, is pontesbury a different one to the parish of st chads.
thanks
hooley/cheshire. vernons/cheshire. booths/cheshire
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: anne davies nee blower
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 September 11 15:25 BST (UK) »
IGI extracted record.

Anne Blower ch. 21.12.1828 St. Chad, Shrewsbury, Shropshire

Father Thomas Blower ... Mother Mary.

================================================

IGI extracted marriage record

Thomas Blower to Mary Beddow 5.5.1828 St. Chad, Shewsbury, Shropshire

Sorry I cant help re the 2 St. Georges as I am not familiar with this area.
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline horse000

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Ironbridge from the bridge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 September 11 05:04 BST (UK) »
Hi

Anne is a bit difficult to pin down exactly, though Trish's response about her birth appears to be correct, I can't find any exact details about her parents, Thomas and Mary, see 1841 census below.

There are a large number of 'Blowers' in St Chad's & St Mary's Shrewsbury and Pontesbury/Westbury as early as the 17c, I suspect getting a handle on Anne's parents will be the key to going back, if that is the line you wish to pursue.

As a matter of interest, there is an anomaly with the 1841 census:
HO 107/911/9 Folio 10, Page 6
Thomas Blower age 35
Mary Blower age 40
No offspring named Anne listed.

HO 107/911/9 Folio 7, Page 6
Thomas Blower Sr age 65
Thomas Blower Jr age 35
Jane age 35
Offspring includes an Anne age 12

There is an IGI marriage record for Thomas Blower and Jane Drayton, St Chad, Shrewsbury 22 Oct 1827

The 2 St Georges are different, see Links below:

http://www.stgeorgespontesbury.co.uk/

http://www.cappadocia.org.uk/welcome/

Regards
Geoff
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 September 11 14:49 BST (UK) »
thanks all

i did send for the marriage cert of richard davies and ann blower, it seems it was st georges chapel, in st chads shrewsbury.  his dad was william davies blacksmith and her dad was thomas, labourer.

my problem now is that i cant read the places they were residing in.  they married on 19th feb 1855 st georges chapell, parish of st chads, shrewsbury, he lived at stoke upon (something) and have no idea what it says for where ann blower lived.

any help would be appreciated.

molly
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 September 11 17:25 BST (UK) »
Isn't Ann born c 1833/34 Pontesbury from Census entries?
I may have the wrong one. Was Richard a Blacksmith and they had a Son William born c 1863, Pontesbury?
If so this may be info that is her>

1841 Census
Pontesbury, Shropshire
HO107/911/8/Pontesbury
Eleanor BLOWER, 45
Mary, 12
ANN, 8
Emma, 5
All born in County
(next to Daug Mary is a very faded word which I think says Widow)
Nearby is;
William BLOWER, 65, Ag Lab
Mary, 67
All born in County

There is a MARRIAGE, IGI Extracted;
Thomas BLOWER
Eleanor JONES
04 February 1822, Pontesbury, Shropshire

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 28 September 11 11:45 BST (UK) »
tx trish, that s a possibility.  yes, richard was a blacksmith but down as a journeyman, which i take it he moved around the county.  dont know if they had a son called richard, but i know they had eliza because she was my great grandmother and she was born in pontesbury.

but that does seem like anne, every other lead seems to take her as being born in shrewsbury to mary and thomas.

but thanks trish think that right and will follow that up

steph

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 28 September 11 12:10 BST (UK) »
 Hi Trish

just looked at 1871 census and yes, they had a son called richard by then.  but my great grand mother eliza who would have been 14 is not there, think i v found her as a servant. makes me shudder to think they had to go away at such an early age, our kids today would not cope.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 28 September 11 12:23 BST (UK) »
Yes, I was just looking over it all again myself.
Part-time work and School is normal for a 14/15yr old now, but full time work must have been hard for them esp away from home.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 29 September 11 10:54 BST (UK) »
i know children went down the mines and into cotton mills at a very young age but i think they were with parents or relatives but a youngester sent away to service must have been scarry.  i expect sometimes that the young girls were probably targets for the older men around, but perhaps they had strict guide lines and the chief housekeeper kept a strict eye on the younger ones.

i am very proud of my ancestors, they were nt royalty or nobles but hard workers and we have all come a long way thanks to them.  i have friends that boast their ancestor was 'a gentleman or such' but im glad mine were who they were.

thanks again for all your help, trying to do this for my grandchildren so one day they will have as much information as possible.

steph