Author Topic: Mary Blythe-Bradford (IDLE)  (Read 3739 times)

Offline postman

• RootsChat Member
  • If you can't do the time,don't do the crime
    • View Profile
Mary Blythe-Bradford (IDLE)
« on: Saturday 19 June 04 14:44 BST (UK) »
looking for Mary Blythe b1850ish married a John Benson i think they came from Idle ,Bradford they had a daughter called Clara in Saltaire b1872
Brotherton-Yorks,Warwick-Cumbria ,Maud ,Street, Mellow,Owen-Shrops,Topping,Bray-Staffs,Cranage, Gobbi,Busfield,Graham,Wolstenholme,Farr-Bradford,Brain-Altofts and warmfield, Bartle-Bradford,ingamells-Lincs,wilby-wakefield

Offline Catherine

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:Mary Blythe-Bradford (IDLE)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 June 04 19:48 BST (UK) »
Hi! Mr Postman

Mary Blythe married John Benson at St. Wilfreds Church, Calverley. The marriage was registered in Leeds in 1858.
A copy of the marriage certificate if you require one can be purchased for £7-00 quoting reference CE127/H/288 and obtained from Superintendant Registrar, Leeds Registry Office, Belgrave Hose, Belgrave Street, Leeds. LS2 8DQ

They are on the 1881 census where John is a widower. They are living at 21. Mary Street, Shipley, York

John Benson  W     Age 48    B. Idle      Labourer
Matilda           D      Age 20    B. Windhill Drawer in Worsted Factory
Annie Elizabeth  D  Age 18    B. Windhill Drawer in Worsted Factory
Caroline             D  Age 14    B. Windhill Worsted Spinner
David                 S  Age 11    B. Windhill  Doffer in Factory
Clara                 D  Age  8     B. Saltaire

You could try putting a request on the census lookup for the 1861, to find his wife Mary with him.

Hope this is of some help to you

Catherine   :)  

Offline postman

• RootsChat Member
  • If you can't do the time,don't do the crime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 June 04 16:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info Catherine,with them being married in Calverley is that where Mary would have come from
Brotherton-Yorks,Warwick-Cumbria ,Maud ,Street, Mellow,Owen-Shrops,Topping,Bray-Staffs,Cranage, Gobbi,Busfield,Graham,Wolstenholme,Farr-Bradford,Brain-Altofts and warmfield, Bartle-Bradford,ingamells-Lincs,wilby-wakefield

Offline Catherine

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 June 04 16:17 BST (UK) »
Hi! Postman Pat (sorry couldn't resist saying that)

As John and Mary married in 1858, and John was a widow by the 1881 census, I would put a request for a look up on the 1861 census for John and Mary, giving the details of John from the 1881 census. This should then give you where Mary was born.

Good Luck

Catherine  :)