Author Topic: Seeking Descendants of Lewis D R Huggard bTyrone  (Read 15019 times)

Offline elizmar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Descendants of Lewis D R Huggard bTyrone
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 October 09 19:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much - I greatly appreciate your help

Liz

Offline hristov

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 02 November 09 12:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I am a member of the Friends of Barnsley Cemetery and in researching people buried in the Cemetery I have been particularly interested in Rev Richard Huggard who is buried there in the same grave as his wife Frances. Sadly the grave is in a very neglected state ( I can take and send you a photgraph if you would like to see it). It would be nice to think that a descendant of Richard and Frances might take an interest in restoring and maintaining it.
When I conduct tours of the War Graves in Barnsley Cemetery, as I shall be doing on Remembrance Sunday, I try to include a visit to this grave in view of Richard's role as chaplain to the Barnsley Pals in World War One and the loss of his two sons in the War.
I guess you may have discovered that Richard figures quite prominently in Jon Cooksey's book " Barnsley Pals" where he appears in a number of photographs. Much of that material comes from contemporary editions of the Barnsley Chronicle.
Richard's other claim to fame is his involvement in Rugby Union both in Barnsley and on a wider stage.
Given his prominence in the history of the town, I am hoping that there may be some way of including him in an ambitious project to set up a local museum on which our local Council are now working. It would be nice if the family item found in Suffolk could eventually be linked up with that in some way!

It would be very interesting to know if you find out any more about the family
Regards

Offline elizmar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 04 November 09 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for your reply - you have given me more avenues to search for information on the Reverend Richard Huggard and his family.  I am certain that my friend who is a direct descendant of the Reverend Huggard will be pleased with your reply, and the fact that you take an interest both in his life and work and also in his final resting place.  Unfortunately both she and I live a considerable distance from his grave (we both live in Scotland), but it might be possible for her to visit at some point.  I will let her see your reply and will certainly get back to  you.

many thanks again

Liz

Offline Frances Huggard

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 26 February 11 18:26 GMT (UK) »
I am the great grand daughter of  th Rev Richard Huggard, the eldest daughter of Ronald Huggad who was the youngest brother of Lewis and Hewitt Huggard, my name is now Frances McCulloch.
I am grateful that you are so interested in my uncle and have taken the trouble to investigate this, I would be happy to hear from you, my phone number is * Frances

Moderator Note : Please use the Private message system to share personal details like phone numbers and email addresses. New users require 3 posts before the PM system is fully accessible to them.

Offline Ria C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Lewis D R Huggard my G Uncal
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 10 September 11 15:32 BST (UK) »
My Mother is Frances Huggard the eldist daughter of Ronald Huggard who was the youngest son of Rev Richard Huggard. I have seen some one looking for a direct decendent of Lewis Dudley Richard Huggard mother Frances Marion Huggard.
Lewis D R Huggard is my great Uncal. The person who has information please make contact. Thank you.
I find this site dificult to work!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 10 September 11 15:40 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. Not sure what you are having problems understanding about Rootschat but there's lots of information in the Help pages about posting messages, etc. which might make it easier for you. If you have any specific queries or problems then just ask.
Meanwhile, I've split your post from the unrelated thread and attached it to the existing topic.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline elizmar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 12 September 11 11:41 BST (UK) »
I have sent you a private message but in case you don't get it, could you reply to me privately please?

thanks

Liz Sharp

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 12 September 11 12:33 BST (UK) »
I have sent you a private message but in case you don't get it, could you reply to me privately please?

thanks

Liz Sharp

New members usually need 3 posts to send and recieve PMs so it's unlikely that Ria C will be able to reply to you.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Ria C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 12 September 11 15:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Elizmar,
* Huggard is my mothers Uncle.
My mothers maiden name * Huggard [eldest Child]
My grand father  * Huggard youngest son of Richard Huggard and Frances Marion Huggard
Allso he called his own son * Huggard, and an other daughter *.
Please make contact,
best wishes Ria
email (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php