Author Topic: Thomas Hart,coal hewer,1925,wife elizabeth houghton,daughter elizabeth hart  (Read 1425 times)

Offline cabojunior

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Hart,coal hewer,1925,wife elizabeth houghton,daughter elizabeth hart
« on: Wednesday 14 September 11 21:32 BST (UK) »
Looking for any info on my mothers family.  Her father was Thomas Hart of Newton le willows, 59 houghton street. Mother was Elizabeth Houghton .  Thomas was born about 1901 and Elizabeth Houghton, wife born about 1903.  They were married at all saints church in parish of all saints newtonlewillows in the county of lancaster on 25 Dec 1922.  Does anybody have any info for me
Thomas Harts fathers name was thomas francis hart of 127 elephant lane, thatts heath, and Elizabeth Houghtons father was Peter Houghton of 34 Gas street.  Also had a son (*) born about 1924 and later lived in canada.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Hi and welcome to Rootschat.  I've removed the name of the son as he may still be alive - it is RootsChat policy not to publish details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline marrle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Hart,coal hewer,1925,wife elizabeth houghton,daughter elizabeth hart
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 September 11 16:05 BST (UK) »
Hello,
What information are you looking for as I cant seem to find a Thomas born 1901 with a Father named Thomas Francis Hart do you know where and when the Father was born as this would help to narrow down the search.
Best Wishes Margie.

Offline cabojunior

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 September 11 18:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Margie,  Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  I do not have any more information on the hart part of the family.  I do have the marriage certificate that states a James Hart and Nellie Ball were the witnesses but no further info on them.  Both fathers of Elizabeth and Thomas were listed as miners.
Thanks so much,
Lesley

Offline plimmerian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 October 17 16:31 GMT (UK) »
I have an ancestor who had a nephew called George NAYLOR who married Esther HOUGHTON, daughter of Peter HOUGHTON and Mary (nee Weir) - a sister to Peter HOUGHTON who married Elizabeth (nee Frankland) - and aunt to Elizabeth HART (nee Houghton).

Small world!

:o

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 31 October 17 07:39 GMT (UK) »
In 1901, there's a Thomas, 11 days old, son of Thomas and Sarah Ann Hart, at Worsley Mesnes, about 8 miles north of Newton-le-Willows.
Thomas the father is a hewer.
RG13/3566 folio35 pg27 is the reference.

In 1911, someone has "corrected" Sarah Ann's marital status from "Married" to "Widow", despite the pencil note that says "Husband away"
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.