Author Topic: Edith May CROOK (born WYATT) - COMPLETED  (Read 6512 times)

Offline Stephanie Brown

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edith May CROOK (born WYATT) - COMPLETED
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 09 March 16 04:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello All,

I am writing in regards to the Sweden re-marrying claim.

I am doing family history of this side of my family.

My grandmother is Beverley Joy Crowther, was originally Alcock but her father changed it without anyone knowing.

Beverleys Grandmother is Edith May Wyatt and her grandfather is Robert James Crook.

I have obtained a letter cover from Beverley which she doesn't know what its from only that its extremely old. The letter has markings and has originally come from Sweden and passed through Switzerland. This could be some kind of evidence into the Sweden theory as it was sent to 26 Killridge Hurlstone Park, Sydney which was The family home.

- Stephanie Brown

Offline jenster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 09 March 16 11:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Stephanie,

I am so excited to see your post.  There is a great deal of information I can share with you but some involves living persons, which I cannot place on this site.  Are you able to receive a personal message via RootsChat?  I know it is only available after you have made a certain number of posts to the site.
Let me know and I can send through more information.

Kind regards, Jenny
Bulmer, Caller, Hanson, Wyatt

Online jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 09 March 16 12:21 GMT (UK) »

I have obtained a letter cover from Beverley which she doesn't know what its from only that its extremely old. The letter has markings and has originally come from Sweden and passed through Switzerland. This could be some kind of evidence into the Sweden theory as it was sent to 26 Killridge Hurlstone Park, Sydney which was The family home.

Hi
Just gone through this thread because of the Swedish connection and perhaps I can help out. Is it possible to see the cover and perhaps the town it came from?
I have access to databases and the such and if we can find the parish it might be possible to find the marriage here in Sweden.
I can try anyway.

Ian

Offline jenster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 12 March 16 02:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stephanie,
Does the letter cover have any indication of to whom the letter was addressed?  Or, who wrote and sent the letter?  Is there any return address on the letter cover or a postage date?
Cheers,
Jenny
Bulmer, Caller, Hanson, Wyatt

Offline Stephanie Brown

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 05 February 17 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jenny,

I am so sorry I haven't done much of the investigating for a while and am getting back into it now,
I would love to chat to you but have no idea on how to use this platform.

If you would like to email me at:
stephbrownfashion@hotmail.com

I would be delighted to have a chat, we may actually know each other!
Kindest