Author Topic: Woo hoo! Church records due online October 4 !  (Read 5209 times)

Offline skibbgirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Woo hoo! Church records due online October 4 !
« on: Saturday 17 September 11 06:35 BST (UK) »
"The Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht is pleased to announce the addition of further Roman Catholic records of Baptism, Marriage and Burial for Dublin City, County Cork (Diocese of Cork and Ross) on Tuesday, 4th October 2011."

http://www.irishgenealogy.ie
PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTIONS TO THE BOARD, NOT THROUGH PM, so that everybody can take a shot at answering your question and benefit from the information.  I cannot respond to requests through private emails.

Barnane, Cahalane, Collins, Connolly, Driscoll, Hourihane, Hurley, Looney, McCarthy, Mahony, Sweeney, Young  in Skibbereen area of southwest County Cork, Ireland; Regan in RoaringWater bay area and in Caheragh parish

Offline skibbgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Woo hoo! Church records due online October 4 !
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 September 11 20:07 BST (UK) »
Just a reminder.  These RC records freely online cover south Cork.   They also cover some of Cork City and surrounding area, overlapping with the Cork Ancestral Project. 

Cork City and north and east Cork RC records are covered through the subscription website of the Irish Family History Foundation (though free to search, with registration).  I believe IFHS also overlaps with the Cork Ancestral Project.

PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTIONS TO THE BOARD, NOT THROUGH PM, so that everybody can take a shot at answering your question and benefit from the information.  I cannot respond to requests through private emails.

Barnane, Cahalane, Collins, Connolly, Driscoll, Hourihane, Hurley, Looney, McCarthy, Mahony, Sweeney, Young  in Skibbereen area of southwest County Cork, Ireland; Regan in RoaringWater bay area and in Caheragh parish

Offline skibbgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 October 11 14:46 BST (UK) »
Heads up!  The records are online now!

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 04 October 11 17:22 BST (UK) »
The only problem I have is that I've searched for a Charles Connor born abt 1807 in Dublin (date taken from census in England from 1841 onwards, also his 2nd marriage in England), but I don't know if the one I found - and there was only one - is the right person.  Also I know he had two sons who came to England with him, James and Patrick, born 1824 and 1829 respectively (from ages on census), but I can't find anything for them.  Not knowing Ireland, or having any other clues, it makes things difficult.

These are my husband's ancestors and all he knew was that there were some Irish people in his background, I did work backwards and found them living in Liverpool and with place of birth given as Dublin.

Lizzie