Author Topic: Murchar  (Read 3440 times)

Offline Shalako42

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Murchar
« on: Saturday 17 September 11 19:42 BST (UK) »
Looking for the birth and death and parantage of Margaret Murchar who married a David Storm/Stormont on 08 Sept 1833 in the parish of Duffus. David was born 1811 and died 1877. Any information greatly appreciated.
Ogilvie MacPherson Patience King Thomson Anderson Henderson Stevenson Law McConvey

Offline jean jeanie

• RootsChat Member
  • Stewart Family
    • View Profile
Re: Murchar
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 September 11 20:15 BST (UK) »
If you go to http://libindx.moray.gov.uk/mainmenu.asp

Go to People Search and enter either name you will get more details. Margaret's surname is shown as Murcar and David's surname is shown as Storm.

Regards
Jean

Offline Shalako42

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 September 11 20:36 BST (UK) »
Jean

The information on Libindx is wrong. The info they have for David is correct but the info for Margaret is that of her daughter Margaret Storm.

Ogilvie MacPherson Patience King Thomson Anderson Henderson Stevenson Law McConvey

Offline jean jeanie

• RootsChat Member
  • Stewart Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 September 11 20:39 BST (UK) »
Sorry to hear the info shown is incorect.

Have you informed them of the error. I know they would be grateful.

Regards
Jean

Offline jean jeanie

• RootsChat Member
  • Stewart Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 17 September 11 21:31 BST (UK) »
There is only one death of a Margaret Murcar/Storm shown on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk in Moray in 1886

As long as the informant knew her parents names, then they should be shown on the death cert.

Regards
Jean

Offline Shalako42

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 17 September 11 21:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jean

I have informed Libindx about the error and had a quick look at scotlands people and that looks like the very woman I am looking for.

I'll get som more credits and have a look at the certificate tomorrow but the address of
ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
]St Andrews Lhanbryde [/color]is good for the family.

many thanks once again

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline jean jeanie

• RootsChat Member
  • Stewart Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 17 September 11 22:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Again

Can't stop searching!

Have a look on Freecen. You'll find the family in 1841, 1851 and 1861. Margaret was born in Essex.

Best wishes
Jean

Offline crjsbath

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 13 October 14 21:09 BST (UK) »
I too am trying to get further information about my ancestor Margaret Murchar and was delighted to find your discussion and the information that she was born in Essex.

This fits with her 1881 census entry that documents birth in 'England'. However I have been unable to get further information about her birth or parents. She has proved to be a relatively erly 'block' in the several family lines I am following.

I have her marriage banns from 1833 in Petty and Duffus where her surname is spelt Murkar and Murchar respectively and her death certificate from 1886 where her parents' surname is given as Murcar.

Have you discovered any further information about her birth and her parents? I would be most grateful for anything you can offer.

Best wishes

crjsbath