Author Topic: Janet Telford  (Read 2126 times)

Offline C.T

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Janet Telford
« on: Sunday 18 September 11 01:24 BST (UK) »
Hi
Janet Telford born abt 1890 Cobbinshaw, Edinburgh parents George Scott and Joan Telford don't know maiden name of her mother They are in the 1891 Scotland Census Civil Parish Carnwath, Janet father George is not in the 1901 Census but her mother Joan and three daughters are in Civil Parish Dunfermline I have lost Janet until 1920 as she married Percy Leslie Jones 12 August 1920 Hobart Tasmania, I cannot find a shipping record of  her coming to Australia apparently she had married before to Unknown Gardner and had a daughter not sure whether she married  in Scotland or not or did her mother Joan and daughters came to Australia if you could help it would be great to put that piece together
C.T

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Janet Telford
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 September 11 12:46 BST (UK) »
hi C.T  :)

scotlandspeople website index has a marriage for a george scott telford and joan johnstone 1888 uphall west lothian

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 September 11 12:59 BST (UK) »
also marriage wallace(might be a middle name ?) gardner and janet telford
1908 midlothian(SP)

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline C.T

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 September 11 11:03 BST (UK) »
Thank ever so much Ev I went into the Scotland People and found them still can't find how she got to Tasmania
Thank you C.T