Author Topic: John Hurdle b1804 Wareham  (Read 4740 times)

Offline channan

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Hurdle b1804 Wareham
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 01:58 GMT (UK) »
It may be of interest to you.  I have John and George Hurdle as brothers in my tree.  They are the children of Elijah HURDLE and Sarah (nee LAWRENCE).  John was christened 12 Jan 1812, at Sutton Veny, Wiltshire.  He was the eldest child and George was christened 23 Apr 1825, Sutton Veny, Wiltshire.  There were 8 children altogether (born to Elijah and Sarah). Elijah and Sarah were married, 30 Oct 1810, Sutton Veny, Wiltshire.  I don't know if these are the two you are looking for.  My problem is, I can't find where Elijah was born.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Hurdle b1804 Wareham
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 12:45 GMT (UK) »
The 1851 census states Elijah was bc.1787 Sutton Veny - I think you'll find that this is probably his baptism:

Elisha Hurdle bp.11/5/1788 Sutton Veny, son of Edward and Mary.

There are no other records for an Elisha Hurdle and suspect that this is actually Elijah.

Likewise, Sarah Lawrence states birthplace as Chitterne, Wilts. on 1851 census (bc.1791):

Sarah Laurence bp.3/10/1790 Chitterne-St. Mary, Wiltshire, dau. of James and Elizabeth.

Both of these baptisms are on familysearch.org.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk