Author Topic: 1901 census look up  (Read 8432 times)

Offline AimeeP

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 census look up
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 September 11 23:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie ,Carol & Geoff
The Bennetts Carol found in1901 are not the right ones.
The marriage of Thomas & Sarah Jane looks to be the right one although Sarah's  maiden name was Kerr but it could have been spelt wrong I suppose.
Thomas and Sarah Jane had another child in 1914 Evelyn Bent mmn Kerr. This is a confusing family they seem to like changing their names.
Margaret Ann Bennett m Thurston Vose in 1922. They had 6 children, 1st child mmn Bennett, 2nd & 3rd mmn Bent, 4th mmn Bennett, 5th & 6th mmn Bent. I just cannot understand why they did this. I do'nt know if I am looking for Bennett / Bent, Kerr / Carr ?. My only hope was to find Thomas,Sarah Jane & Margaret in 1901 or I might send for the marriage cert for Thomas & Sarah Jane
Cheers 
Dixon,Todd,Greenwell,Enright,Hudson,Douglas,Parker,Vose

Offline Cazza47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 September 11 17:05 BST (UK) »
Struck a blank today, cannot find this family in 1901.
Thomas also had a sister called Margaret who eventually went to Canada I think, any chance Thomas & Sarah went over, or even America, after Margaret's birth 1896, and were back in this country by 1902 for birth of next child, because there was a six year gap between 1st and 2nd child., therefore travelling could be a possibility.
Sorry I do not have ancestry worldwide so unable to check this.
Just a suggestion.
It is interesting that quite a few people in Whitehaven came over from Ireland like Sarah's parents.
Carol
Muckley, Routledge, Roe, Bontoft, Brumpton, Bills, Aspatria, Carlisle

Offline AimeeP

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 03 October 11 23:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol
Appologies for not replying sooner, I don't think they did go to America. As for the gap in the ages of the children by 1911 they had had 10 children but 5 had died. I think I will have to send for their marriage cert .
Thanks for your help
Geoff.
Thanks for telling me Thomas was in Sunderland 1911,  I thought that because his name was crossed out maybe he was at work. I had a look and it never occured to me he could be in hospital.
Cheers Aimme
Dixon,Todd,Greenwell,Enright,Hudson,Douglas,Parker,Vose