Author Topic: Robert Fields Linthwaite Toder  (Read 8945 times)

Offline JMelchiors

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Fields Linthwaite Toder
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 17 January 12 02:45 GMT (UK) »
But you should be able to just reply to my message.  Does that not work??

Offline Fireball john

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 17:53 BST (UK) »
Hello
I am researching my mothers side of the family - Linthwaite Toder. If you would like information relating to that part of the family tree in Newark England which is where the family originated I believe then please get in touch.
Apologies if this message is way out of date.
Cheers
John

Offline Baltimoregirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 22:29 BST (UK) »
Be happy to get any info you have.  Family tree in not handy but I’ll compare when I get you info.  Thanks.

Offline Fireball john

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 10:40 BST (UK) »
Hi again. Only just joined this site so not sure how it all works yet. So the Linthwaite Toders:
The middle name of Linthwaite originated I believe around 1770 when Elizabeth Linthwaite married a Thomas Toder. Because Thomas Toder was a bankrupt I suspect that there was some deal done whereby - I am guessing that she was quite wealthy and agreed to marry Thomas and get him out of hock on condition that any future children would have the middle name of Linthwaite. I have only followed my direct line but they had 7 children, one of them being Robert Linthwaite, babtised 11/10/1781 at Newark Notts. One of Roberts children was named William Linthwaite It was at this point that the name changed to 'Tudor' either by the sensus recorder hearing the name wrong or just writing it down wrong, or by design. William was an artist and lace designer. One of Williams children was Henry Linthwaite born 12/07/1849 - commercial clerk to a lithographic printer. In 1881 he was living at 44 Raleigh Street, Basford, Nottingham. Henry appears to be the last Linthwaite as his son was named William Henry Tudor born 1887 - I think!
They all lived around the Nottingham and Newark area.
Hope this is of some interest.
Regards
John

Offline Fireball john

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 11:03 BST (UK) »
Hi again. Only just joined this site so not sure how it all works yet. This is what I have relating to the Linthwaite Toders:
The middle name of Linthwaite originated I believe around 1770 when Elizabeth Linthwaite married a Thomas Toder. Because Thomas Toder was a bankrupt I suspect that there was some deal done whereby - I am guessing that she was quite wealthy and agreed to marry Thomas and get him out of hock on condition that any future children would have the middle name of Linthwaite, or they used the name out of respect or rememberance I have only followed my direct line but they had 7 children, one of them being Robert Linthwaite, babtised 11/10/1781 at Newark Notts. One of Roberts children was named William Linthwaite It was at this point that the name changed to 'Tudor' either by the sensus recorder hearing the name wrong or just writing it down wrong, or by design. William was an artist and lace designer. One of Williams children was Henry Linthwaite born 12/07/1849 - commercial clerk to a lithographic printer. In 1881 he was living at 44 Raleigh Street, Basford, Nottingham. Henry appears to be the last Linthwaite as his son was named William Henry Tudor born 1887 - I think!
They all lived around the Nottingham and Newark area.
Hope this is of some interest.
I have posted this message to Baltimore girl as well so hope I am not just duplicating things!
Regards
John

Offline Fireballjohn

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 12 June 19 17:37 BST (UK) »
Hello
My ancestors were the Linthwaite toders. They lived and died around Farndon near Newark, Notts.
1700 - 1800.
The Toder name later became corrupted to Tudor round about 1850.
Good luck
John