Author Topic: Looking for death cert of Ali Mohamed  (Read 4646 times)

Offline humanracer

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for death cert of Ali Mohamed
« Reply #9 on: Monday 19 September 11 20:37 BST (UK) »
I just did a search for Mohamed marriages in the hope of finding a brother or sister of Ali. I found 11 matches in the 20s and 30s of Mohamed's marrying Scottish women. I really thought my anglo/indian grandparents were rare. Seems inter racial marriage was more common than I thought!

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 20 September 11 09:24 BST (UK) »
Scotlands People sometimes does play up. It was definelty Glasgow City on a 1 +/- for a birth of 1904 yesterday. It was strange that I could not narrow it down to a district, further than Glasgow City, but today, it rejects Glasgow City, and accepts Perthshire, district Dunbarney, and a birth of 1902. At least you have found it.
Good old computers.

Regards

Malky.

Offline Sharon Mclean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 26 December 17 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Looking for Robert that was searching for info on Ali Mohammed married to Mary Hillock from Fife.  Their children's name's were Ronnie,Stephen(Jan),Christine,Alma and Vera.
Alma had a son called Robert in 1981.

Alma was my aunt as Stephen was married to my mum in 1964,my sister went to visit nana(mary) who was a resident in Leslie House before she died.

Mary(nana) lived at 72 sinclair drive cowdenbeath before she became a resident at LESLIE hOUSE.

Ali is buried at Beath Cemetery,my sister has all the info on that and has been to the grave,which doesn't have a headstone just a plot number and she has a map.

If you would like to get back to me,then i can give you the info to contact my sister.

Offline humanracer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 26 December 17 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Looking for Robert that was searching for info on Ali Mohammed married to Mary Hillock from Fife.  Their children's name's were Ronnie,Stephen(Jan),Christine,Alma and Vera.
Alma had a son called Robert in 1981.

Alma was my aunt as Stephen was married to my mum in 1964,my sister went to visit nana(mary) who was a resident in Leslie House before she died.

Mary(nana) lived at 72 sinclair drive cowdenbeath before she became a resident at LESLIE hOUSE.

Ali is buried at Beath Cemetery,my sister has all the info on that and has been to the grave,which doesn't have a headstone just a plot number and she has a map.

If you would like to get back to me,then i can give you the info to contact my sister.
Hi Sharon
I have sent you a private message.

Offline Sharon Mclean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 26 December 17 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I can't reply on private message for some reason,but i have spoken to my sister as she knows a lot more than myself regarding our dad's sude of the family,who was Jan known as Stepthen.

She has asked to ask you if you would like to contact her through messenger rather than here. Her name is Jan Driss from Penicuik. Yes,she was named after him!!
I'm only back in Scotland till tomorrow as i fly back to Bournemouth.
I had a really great xmas,hoping you did too

Shaz

Offline humanracer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 26 December 17 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I can't reply on private message for some reason,but i have spoken to my sister as she knows a lot more than myself regarding our dad's sude of the family,who was Jan known as Stepthen.

She has asked to ask you if you would like to contact her through messenger rather than here. Her name is Jan Driss from Penicuik. Yes,she was named after him!!
I'm only back in Scotland till tomorrow as i fly back to Bournemouth.
I had a really great xmas,hoping you did too

Shaz
Hi
I have sent her a message on Facebook, though she may have to look for it as I am not on her friends list.

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 26 December 17 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shaz and a warm welcome to Rootschat.

New members must make 3 postings before they can use the Private message facility.

Hope this helps

Dorrie

Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife